Norfolk Island For Easter.

Evopete55

Hi Evopete

Google Adventure Bound and go to their web page and do a search for Norfolk Is.The boys from Adventure Bound went to Norfolk Is and went out on a charter.They also have video footage of catching a yellow fin tuna off the rocks.

Regards Kit

You will absoulutely love Norfolk Island. I was married on the island a few years ago. I have been numerous times as it is my favourite place. At one stage, I almost moved to the island as I love it so much.It is such a different way of life. The wildlife like cows have right of way. If you hit one, it was a $200 fine from the police.You will see them roam all over the place. Everyone leave their cars and homes unlocked as it is virtually crime free. I would suggest if you haven't already organised, hire a car as their is no public transport. Car hire is almost included in most accomodation, but if you have to organise your own, it is around $25-30 per day.

In regards to fishing charters, I have sent you a PM with some info. With landbase, you are limited as the island is surrounded by high cliffs. You can fish off the beaches or the piers at Cascae or Kingston. When I was their last, you could buy a fishing guide for around $5 from the tourist information centre on the island in Burnt Pine, the main shopping area.

Enjoy your stay on the island. I am really jealous. Must be almost time for us to go back.

You will absoulutely love Norfolk Island. I was married on the island a few years ago. I have been numerous times as it is my favourite place. At one stage, I almost moved to the island as I love it so much.It is such a different way of life. The wildlife like cows have right of way. If you hit one, it was a $200 fine from the police.You will see them roam all over the place. Everyone leave their cars and homes unlocked as it is virtually crime free. I would suggest if you haven't already organised, hire a car as their is no public transport. Car hire is almost included in most accomodation, but if you have to organise your own, it is around $25-30 per day.

In regards to fishing charters, I have sent you a PM with some info. With landbase, you are limited as the island is surrounded by high cliffs. You can fish off the beaches or the piers at Cascae or Kingston. When I was their last, you could buy a fishing guide for around $5 from the tourist information centre on the island in Burnt Pine, the main shopping area.

Enjoy your stay on the island. I am really jealous. Must be almost time for us to go back.

Now I am really excited about our trip.Thanks for the info and will report when we return.

Evopete.

Just received my monthly edition of Fishing World and there is a n article on Norfolk Is .Now I have an abundance of information.

Evopete.

hi evo! pm sent! and make sure you book in for convict night..riotous fun & food!

..cheers!..stevo!..

• 1 month later...

post-5588-1242123632_thumb.jpg Hi fellow Raiders,thought i better report on our Easter trip to Norfolk Island.We had a great week of tours,sightseeing and relaxation.Unfortunatly the wind and swell were up all week so could not venture out on a planned charter.I've added a photo of one of the boat launching piers which shows the conditions.

A great bunch of locals which made our stay enjoyable.Highly recommended.

Regards Evopete.

Hi Evopete...sounds like a great trip...my guess is you didnt get any fishing done??..anyway i was wondering if you could tell me if the place is child friendly??...my anniversary is coming up and thought norfolk might be a good idea....

cheers

Nice shot of Cascade pier. Lovely part of the world. Been there a few times and love it even more each trip.

Hi Evopete...sounds like a great trip...my guess is you didnt get any fishing done??..anyway i was wondering if you could tell me if the place is child friendly??...my anniversary is coming up and thought norfolk might be a good idea....

cheers

Very much recommend it for your anniversary. I was married on the island. Absolutely love the place. People are so friendly. It is child friendly. Plenty for the kids to do and see. If you like the water and it isn't too cold. Emily bay is very safe. Protected from the swell by a reef. I would highly recommend it for your anniversary and kids. If you need any more info, feel free to ask.

cheers

Hi thomo, sadly no fishing but had a great week on the Island.The Island is suited to all groups,family's and elderly alike.Emily Bay is a calm and safe swimming spot and has good reefs to snorkle and explore.There are plenty of tours to suit everybody, and interesting places to visit.Plenty to do.I would highly recommend Norfolk for your anniversary.

Regards Evopete.

thanks for the heads up fellas, i was originally going to do a bareboat charter in the whitsundays but after a few enquiries was told that january isnt the best time of year wind/weather wise and also a lot of stingers around at that time so swimming/snorkelling might be affected hence why i am now looking at alternatives. Looks like i'll have to look at norfolk closely now....feel free to pm me any info, is january a good time to be up there?? thanks

cheers

tom