Crabs Around Como

Davemmm

I will be moving from Cronulla fairly soon to the other end of the Shire. Being the lazy type I will be closer to the Wonny than Botany Bay.

Having not fished much around that area (except for finding a heap of black stripy ones last winter) I will be putting in a bit of time around Como etc.

Question is are there many crabs up there. Bonnet Bay looks reasonable as does Oyster Bay.

Has anyone been crabbing in that neck of the woods.

Dave

G'day Dave,

It's been a few years, however my experience with Muddies has never really been overly rewarding east of Illawong. Possibly, that may be indicative of the locale (Illawong) that I lived. All that aside, I only ever caught Blue swimmers east of Como Bridge - did see a few train seats thrown off the bridge, but used to always get lucky with Blue Swimmers about 1/2 hour b4 and after the high tide around Balls Head and East of there.

All my years (18) living on the Georges, I never caught a single crab in the Wonnie. I have been told (by a secure source) that if you put out fresh bait you can catch some in the Como Hotel on a Friday or Saturday night. Not sure if those ones are good eating though. :tease:

Cheers

Mariner

All my years (18) living on the Georges, I never caught a single crab in the Wonnie. I have been told (by a secure source) that if you put out fresh bait you can catch some in the Como Hotel on a Friday or Saturday night. Not sure if those ones are good eating though.

I think I met your "secure source" one night in about 1986. :1prop:

Dave

I think I met your "secure source" one night in about 1986. :1prop:

Dave

I think you may be referring to the B52's. They weren't crabs but Rock Lobsters. :074:

have to ask though - has it healed up :biggrin2: lol?

Cheers

Carl