Lake Macquarie Easter

Yarraone

Easter is my next trip planned..The problem is not sure where to go after seeing the seas at the moment.. :mad3:

I will be heading from Bathurst on the 10th of April..(good Friday)

just wondering about heading to Lake Macquarie around Swamsea area. and maybe staying at the swansea caravan park not far from the bridge..

has anyone stayed thier before? and what is the fishing like at the moment? are there any spots i should be looking at to try out soft Plastics for the first time? I will also be trying poppers for the first time.... If that does not work I will go back to bait..

if anyone is up that way please come and give me some hints and say hello.. Other than that all and any help would be great..Thanks :1fishing1:

Edited by yarraone

hey mate i live about 10 minutes from swansea caravan park, the swansea water way is beautiful along with the lake, cant comment on the fishing for the moment but will be able to next week, but im sure people are catching plenty in the channel and around pullbah island in the lake.

the area around the caravan park is great, ive gone there before and just sat back and relaxed and done some landbased fishing, not that ive caught much landbased there but its still a beautiful place.

the only thing is that swansea channel might get a little crowded during the holidays but if you dont mind that then its all good.

Cheers

Cory

Gday mate,

I went out last Sunday was a magic morning was heading out of swansea plan was for kingies. Squid was a bit hard to come by managed four good sized ones and on the way out maritime pulled me over for a safety check and my flares were out of date. So I wasn't allowed to go out front so was mortified. We ventured back up to the dropover sent a couple of bigbaits out ..no hook ups but saw a guy thirty metres further out loose something big at the boat probably a King or jew not sure. However The sand flats before the dropover held some massive whiting so that might be a start and another guy I talked to at the ramp had some great bream and flounder from salts bay. So might be worth a try. The water smashes through there at the drop over so try the change of tide and remember its always an hour or so later on the lake

Cheers,

Joe

Edited by chocofallon

Thanks for the info guy's the only thing is i am from Bathurst and have no idea of the spots you are talking about??? :wacko:

Does anyone have a web site i may be able to download a map? or do AFN fishing maps cover that area?

Once again thanks for the help and will let you know next week if I will be up that way :beersmile:

mate im heading up over the easter break aswell. sataying there for four days. all the caravan parks a completly booked out they been booked out since feb wen i rang up, we ended up booking a house down near nords wharf. im in the same boat as u never been but gonna give it a shot. ive got a post aswell that u might help u out a bit. its in this section aswell. good luck mate and all the best.

p.s where abouts is the drop off in the lake ?

mate im heading up over the easter break aswell. sataying there for four days. all the caravan parks a completly booked out they been booked out since feb wen i rang up, we ended up booking a house down near nords wharf. im in the same boat as u never been but gonna give it a shot. ive got a post aswell that u might help u out a bit. its in this section aswell. good luck mate and all the best.

p.s where abouts is the drop off in the lake ?

as I said i know nothing of the lake...so I dont know where the drop off is?? But I will be inside the lake from the bridge to the island somewhere..I will be monitoring ch 88 on 27mhz so give me a call.. or if you see me come on over....this is my boat :beersmile:

Edited by yarraone

no worries will do im on the southern end and will probably be all over the place. ive got a big white half can with a big fixed canopy with the numbers 941 on the sides. sorry no pics just yet. if u find me call me over . ill keep channel 88 aswell.

Thanks for the info guy's the only thing is i am from Bathurst and have no idea of the spots you are talking about??? :wacko:

Does anyone have a web site i may be able to download a map? or do AFN fishing maps cover that area?

Once again thanks for the help and will let you know next week if I will be up that way :beersmile:

Buy the hooked on paradise book from most newsagents google earth like maps of most of nsw coast, lake mac in there and all names of bays etc are overlayed on them good tool when used with sites like this that are so helpful

Wardy :biggrin2:

Guest abuman

well it looks like we will be sleeping on the boat again yarra... :biggrin2::frozen:

but all is good as long as the lines are wet.. we will find the fish as we always do

You cant miss the drop off mate , just follow the channel to the end an you will find it. I have been there a few times in resent weeks an there are heaps of fish , good luck

ok so is the drop off at the lake end? or the other end towards the ocean?

i will PM you later in the week... :beersmile:

ok so is the drop off at the lake end? or the other end towards the ocean?

i will PM you later in the week... :beersmile:

Dont forget the artificial reefs on the south end of the lake, am going to give them a go as well.

I will be up over easter as well, 5m quinnie freedom sport, raider sticker on the tail. Will keep an out.