Another Question

Wantingaboat

I have been monitoring FR today and it seems a little slow so i thought some may have time to answer another of my beginner questions. I have just got back from the tow bar place and its all done at a great price. Didnt have to give them the extra $200 like i had offered others that had the part as they told me they could do it before i offered. :biggrin2: Anyway i had a close insepction of the tyres and it seems the front ones are a bit more worn that the back ones. What i was proposing was can i change the back tyres to the front so that i get better traction on the ramp as its a front wheel drive?? I take it they are all the same size? If so do i need two jacks or will bricks be sufficient? If a moderator reads this and want to delete my other posts thats fine as i have all the info stored in my melon.

Cheers. Mike.

What i was proposing was can i change the back tyres to the front so that i get better traction on the ramp as its a front wheel drive?? I take it they are all the same size? If so do i need two jacks or will bricks be sufficient? If a moderator reads this and want to delete my other posts thats fine as i have all the info stored in my melon.

Cheers. Mike.

Don't worry mate we are all here to help..... Sounds like you are as bad as a mechanic as I am... I can relate to problems in the memory department but at least you've got a good job and plenty of melons working in a fruit shop. :lol:

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Edited by jewgaffer

Before you move the tyres you need to make sure that your car has the same size tyres on the front and the rear. It would be unusal for it to have 2 different size tyres but some car do have. My car runs a wider tyre on the rear than the front therefore I can not move the tyres around.

Another thing is to get the tyres balanced when you are doing the swap. Not everyone has their rear tyres balanced to the same level as needed for the front.

Edited by BFB