Georges River Jew

screech

been a while since i posted a report but i've been out on the water every second day..... can't complain fishing instead of work.

decieded to take the advantage of not having training last night and the turn of the tide being around 7:40pm. caught fresh squid that afternoon and went to my favourite jew spot near como bridge where it as only failed me once. the tide went dead and the fish became active. managed 5 small jews on the 50cm mark, all thrown back to be caught again. unfortunally missed another 3 as they didn't hook up. water was so glassy lastnight..... the one thing i love about fishing jews on a week night is no boats around and the water is still.

i've been taking note and last 2 weeks i've been out i've only scored jews around the 50cm size. late winter last year average size i was getting was 3-6kg mark. im suprised how JFK is catching big jews not far from where i am..... seem to think they havnt quite made the trip down river yet. interesting to see the pattern of the jews in the georges.

next outing i'll try further up river to captian cook bridge.

post-5473-1239251430_thumb.jpg

one of the little fellows caught.

Well done...

we are near como bridge near constution bay... i use hawkesbury squid as the local squid that i catch near Gymea Baths dont really work as well.. Hoever, the local stuff seems to be better when i go down to the Hawkesbury..

I think the moon might be a good sign as well.

I have also tried jewfish point in the last few weeks which have also produced smaller Jewies..

We will be out again this loogweekend... Pm me....

Nick long time no see mate... Good to see you going out and getting onto a jew or two near home mate....

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Give me a call Nick, I hope to be able to come down again after I've had my back op.....

Well done...

we are near como bridge near constution bay... i use hawkesbury squid as the local squid that i catch near Gymea Baths dont really work as well.. Hoever, the local stuff seems to be better when i go down to the Hawkesbury..

I think the moon might be a good sign as well.

I have also tried jewfish point in the last few weeks which have also produced smaller Jewies..

We will be out again this loogweekend... Pm me....

first time i used local squid cause sydney markets lacked in squid.

i find the moon doesn't help too much mainly i think cause the full moon brings in the bigger tides hence lazy jews go bit quiet.

i'll pm ya soon

Nick long time no see mate... Good to see you going out and getting onto a jew or two near home mate....

Cheers

Give me a call Nick, I hope to be able to come down again after I've had my back op.....

hey Brian! how ya been? i havn't been on the forum much. yea i've been out heaps during the late winter months and starting up again now the kings are going quiet. i'll be going on friday morning downrigging for kings hoping to see if they still in the bay.

send me a text when ur fit and well again to come out on the boat.

first time i used local squid cause sydney markets lacked in squid.

i find the moon doesn't help too much mainly i think cause the full moon brings in the bigger tides hence lazy jews go bit quiet.

i'll pm ya soon

hey Brian! how ya been? i havn't been on the forum much. yea i've been out heaps during the late winter months and starting up again now the kings are going quiet. i'll be going on friday morning downrigging for kings hoping to see if they still in the bay.

send me a text when ur fit and well again to come out on the boat.

Good onya Nick ! Of the only two Brian's I know, one's kicking up daisies and the other one's sitting in a jar on someone's mantlepiece, but Byron's alright :thumbup:

I've lost your numbers Nick, Call me on my new mobile same number 0413210048 ....

Having the back op on Wednesday next, but I'll be down there fishing on Saturday night doing a session with George and John Dogtooth....

Cheers mate

Byron :1fishing1:

Nick say hello to your Dad and Mum for me ay...

didnt the dpi release all the jew up that way?

i wish they actually tagged all the fish to see how far the jew venture.

mate top report and congrats.

jew gaffer im very keen to get you out in the boat.

it would be a pure plesure to learn off the king how to tame these monsters.

nick.top report mate

........jew gaffer im very keen to get you out in the boat.

it would be a pure plesure to learn off the king how to tame these monsters.

nick.top report mate

Thanks nathen :thumbup: having company with a handy member like yourself is what I'll need after the back operation and I plan to have sessions with Esky6 with me who lives up this way too..... Give me a call Nathen my number is in my earlier post and we spoke last year I think

Cheers