Breakwall With Roberta & Chopper75 Part 2

glennmreid

Had a phone call early this morning from Roberta, she told me reports of good blackies seen near the breakwall. Asked if I was available for a fish, you bet! Had a quick shower, breakfast and on the way I go.

Not long after I got there, Roberta got into a good sized blackie.

post-3324-1239265406_thumb.jpg

post-3324-1239265442_thumb.jpg

I have plenty of downs, but couldn't hook into a fish. In the meantime, Roberta hooked another blackie, which would've been even bigger. This time, that fish got away :thumbdown:

While we were chatting away, a pod of dolphins decided to visit. These dolphins have been at this spot everyday. Doesn't matter what time of the day you go, there is normally a pod of 3 or 4 dolphins in the lake.

post-3324-1239265618_thumb.jpg

post-3324-1239265635_thumb.jpg

Roberta hooked into another fish, which we thought was a good blackie at first. Turned out to be a rock cod.

post-3324-1239266165_thumb.jpg

We decided to meet up again in the afternoon. As soon as I arrived, Roberta was hooked into a good fish.

post-3324-1239265727_thumb.jpg

After plenty of downs, and the odd snag, I hooked into my first Forster blackie. After a good fight, and help from Roberta with the landing net, I landed this nice fish. What was even more pleasing was that I caught it on a weed fly that I bought from GoFish! I had a 2 hook rig, one with local weed, the other the weed fly. Couldn't believe it was the fly that nailed the fish.

post-3324-1239265885_thumb.jpg

post-3324-1239265900_thumb.jpg

Roberta headed off home, I decided to stay for a fish for another 1/2 hour. Had plenty of good downs, but now more fish. Had great time with Roberta, and looking forward to many more fishing sessions together :thumbup:

Hasn't taken you long to settle in as a local Glenn. Great report mate. The water looks great awesome.

Have a relaxing and safe Easter.

Cheers, Slinky

Glad you enjoyed the report Tony. feels good living in Forster. Loving everyday of it. Happy Easter to you and your family.

Thanks for your company today, Glenn & Janet - shame that other nice one got off this morning, he was a real cracker! ...... but with the one I got this afternoon, at least you have 2 nice fish for a 'fish meal' on Good Friday!

You may well regret asking me to 'give you a yell' when going fishing!!! It could be often! This blackie fishing (in particular) is very addictive!! What you didn't say, was that 2 blokes today, fished the spot we fished yesterday afternoon (where I had 3 fish on in 3 casts & they all got off! :1badmood: ) Today ..... they had about 10 fish each!!! (and lost as many as well!) Bummer ..... but, they got there first & used cabbage too!

I never get sick of seeing the dolphins - they also 'herd' the fish over to the wall! :thumbup::yahoo: A couple of the dolphins smashed along the wall, just a metre from the edge, too! Very scarey the first time!

And also many thanks from both Keith & I for the lovely flowers & choccies ...... not many left already! :biggrin2: So happy to be able to help you guys! You love Forster already, just like I do! :) It is a fantastic back yard, eh? Let's keep it our little secret??

Will see you again ...... soon..... promise!

Cheerio

Roberta

Well done on getting your blackie on your weed fly, too!! Amazing, given that they were not that prolific in numbers! That fly, really looks the goods, eh?

Edited by Roberta

Great report Glenn. :thumbup:

It sure is a beautiful part of the world.

Well done on the blackie & congrats to Roberta on a couple of crackers.

With water like that in front of me I'd be taking the big rod & whack the fillets off one of those blackies for the pan & then be putting the head & entrails out as a big bait for a jew. That area is a great spot. :biggrin2:

Glad to see you settling in so well mate.

Cheers,

Grant.

Sounds like you and the family have really settled in there Glenn. Congratulations on your first Forster blackie, heres hoping that it is the first of many.

Roberta, great looking fish there girl, and nice to see you with that smile back on your face now that you are back to doing what you love.

Keep the great reports coming guys, love to hear about the action up north.

Cheers

Mrs Flightmanager

Thanks for your company today, Glenn & Janet - shame that other nice one got off this morning, he was a real cracker! ...... but with the one I got this afternoon, at least you have 2 nice fish for a 'fish meal' on Good Friday!

You may well regret asking me to 'give you a yell' when going fishing!!! It could be often! This blackie fishing (in particular) is very addictive!! What you didn't say, was that 2 blokes today, fished the spot we fished yesterday afternoon (where I had 3 fish on in 3 casts & they all got off! :1badmood: ) Today ..... they had about 10 fish each!!! (and lost as many as well!) Bummer ..... but, they got there first & used cabbage too!

I never get sick of seeing the dolphins - they also 'herd' the fish over to the wall! :thumbup::yahoo: A couple of the dolphins smashed along the wall, just a metre from the edge, too! Very scarey the first time!

And also many thanks from both Keith & I for the lovely flowers & choccies ...... not many left already! :biggrin2: So happy to be able to help you guys! You love Forster already, just like I do! :) It is a fantastic back yard, eh? Let's keep it our little secret??

Will see you again ...... soon..... promise!

Cheerio

Roberta

Well done on getting your blackie on your weed fly, too!! Amazing, given that they were not that prolific in numbers! That fly, really looks the goods, eh?

Forgot about those two guys Roberta, they pulled in huge amounts of fish. We will have to use some of the cabbage as well. Glad you liked the flowers and chocolates. It is the least can can do you for help. Without your help, a move to Forster probably wouldn't have been possible.

Anytime you want a fish, please do give us a yell. Particularly blackie fishing. I never get sick of fishing with you. I am glad to have a fishing buddy here. I am the Predator's apprentice.

Still can't believe it was the fly that got the fish. Amazing!

Looking forward to the next time we fish.

Great report Glenn. :thumbup:

It sure is a beautiful part of the world.

Well done on the blackie & congrats to Roberta on a couple of crackers.

With water like that in front of me I'd be taking the big rod & whack the fillets off one of those blackies for the pan & then be putting the head & entrails out as a big bait for a jew. That area is a great spot. :biggrin2:

Glad to see you settling in so well mate.

Cheers,

Grant.

Might be a good idea Grant. Heard reports of good jews around. Couple of people diving have seen big jew in the area. That would be an awesome catch.

Hey Grant

There were some blokes there today at the bottom of the low, after Jewies, too, but on the big SPs!

I knocked the heads & entrails off & fed them to the other fishies! :wacko: Didn't even think of the jewies!! Everyone knows that fresh Blackies & squid are their favourite meal! :1prop:

Glenn & I hope to hit the wall & try to get a jewie soon, too! :) I've been busted off by many & realise that I wouldn't have been able to land one on my own on the wall without a handy 'Jewgaffer' ....... hey! Where are you Byron?? Would be fun to get one tho! :) YUM, YUM Jewfish steaks!

When are you coming down to show us how???

Cheerio

Roberta

hehe watch out GLenn, I'll get you out in the yak, yet!