Hawksbury River , Oh What A Day

HAWKSBURY BUOY

Hi all am new to the forum I am john from Hornsby area had me a little fishing trip about 3 weeks ago to the Hawksbury river with the wife best day out in years well it was for her Damn woman :ranting2: Anyways tryed the old spot near the road bridge got their just befor lunch just using good old prawns boats around us coming and going

didnt see anyone catch anything except for a small flatty in the few hours we were

their sorry for the build up

Do you know how many fish she caught :1fishing1: 8 bream and 3 were the biggest bream that i have seen in person caught ,,Largest 1.2kg blue nose :1yikes:

she caught this while rod on shoulder eating a sandwich others yellofin 2 at 1.04 kg ,1 at 920 gr all the rest just legal size

Now for me in the same boat mind you i got 1 flatty just over size ,a tailor or was it

bait and the most amazing port jackson was only small but was shimmering gold color and black stripes would of looked fantastic in a aquarium

Do you know what the worst thing about it all ? I STILL HERE ABOUT IT :ranting2:

Also mate caught a 20 kg cobia off the rocks at nelsons bay last saturday

will try and post up his pic its a beauty

Hope i didnt bore or rave to much and maybe will meet and have a yarn or a fish

one day

cheers johno

Guest bluecod
:1welcomeani: HB - and you know what! you'll keep hearing about it for the next 20 years every time you bring a smaller bream home. It is extremely important to now bring a 1.5 kilo bream home to show her what a man can do :risata:

:1welcomeani: Buoyo

Uncanny how women can do it to you. My wife can be relied on to catch the first and biggest fish in on any trip to any waterway. She only uses a handline with a rusty hook and an oversize sinker which I leave on the boat for her. (she has no regard at all for high tech tackle). All this whilst reading a Womens Weekly or a No Idea. I think the tackle stores should be selling them (magazines that is).

John