The George's Keeps Firing

steve351

Hey guy's

Due to all the great reports that kept comming in about george's river jew i decided it was time to give it a crack with the full moon aproaching. I wanted to be in the water with 3 hours of the run up to go... As soon as i finished work raced home and my bro had the boat ready to go. We got in the water and headed up towards como. With hawksbury squid and mullet fillets not getting a touch it seemed it was going to be a quite night on the jew front. 3 hours had past and nothing!! and i thought oh well thats jew fishing for you... and then the silence was broken by one the best sounds you could ever hear!! My brother jumped up grabbed the rod and set the hooks in.. armed with 30 pound braid and 60 pound leader my brother was in control.. the fish gave some curry close to the boat, some quick work avoided the jew running around the burly bucket.. waiting with weak knees and the gaff in hand, the fish surfaced close to the boat and i hooked the gaff in!! We couldnt contain our excitement hugs and hi fives!! We didnt hang around, pulled anchor up and headed straight for home to put the fish on the scales.. It measured 114cm and weighed in at 12.9 kg

post-6948-1239353419_thumb.jpg

Hi Steve351 that is a cracker of a jew way up the georges makes the other reports look like tadpoles up that way,mate keep it up im sure there are bigger fish out there waiting for you and bro,you guessed it any decent jew will make the most experienced fishos knees wobble. :thumbup: well done.

Well done Steve 351 nice to see you play the waiting game and catch a 13kilo jew upriver :thumbup: there's probably plenty more that size school up near Revesby it seems....

Nice report Steve,

I get nervous when the gaff comes out.

......I was fishing with Jewgaffer once & I new if I didn't get a clean strike on a jew we had caught I'd be the one with a finger in my coight & a firm grip on the back of the shirt collar getting kicked over the side.

Good to hear more Georges Jew reports.

CHEERS ESKY

Funny post Esky! OK it's my turn now :D I was meant to be fishing the Georges tomorrow night with Esky and his previous jewfish advisors who comprise of a coal keepers offsider who lives in the permanent's shed on the side of the railway track on the way out of Broken Hill and had teamed up with a Dubbo type bloke, a retrenched primary school traffic flag operator who still lives in a boarding house in Bathurst and manages to find his way from Dubbo to Bathurst going via Strathfield, according to Zoo employees who know of him from up that way...... :074:

However the jewfish session has been altered somewhat unfortunately due to unforeseen circumstances and I will now be aboard a boat in the Georges tomorrow night, but without my good mate our handy automatic gaff operator Esky who apparently has to open the door for the guests at a tupper ware night and said , due a series of mishaps his advisors finished up in French's Forest on their way down to a caravan park in the Sutherland Shire to be able arrive in time for a pre - cancelled Georges session on Saturday :lol:

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Trying to understand all that gave me a headache Byron :wacko:

Musty

Perhaps it should have been made more clear that the Zoo employees, who only knew of by word of mouth, the particular Georges River jewfish adviser from further west and his offsider, work at Dubbo Zoo I.E. the Western Plains Zoo which is a fair way out of the centre of Dubbo.

Cheers :D

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Yeh jim it needs patience alright! Fishing for jew is my love but breaming in between is good for a change. I went for bream on tues night and landed 8. Im finding towra is a bit slow at the moment and most of the fish had eggs. I find the towra bream are thin this time of year as they have laid there eggs, i guess they are running abit late!

The fish was taken on thurs night matt.

Cheers

Outstanding river fish there Steve. Good to finally see a quality fish on the boards :thumbup:

Had some jew for dinner tonight......shallow fried in tandaco.....yumm

Cheers

Red

Edited by Red