Easter Sunday

GregL

Easter Sunday doesn't get much better.....

Hung out with the kids for the morning watching them devour way to much chocolate!

Throw the ropes just after 1pm in Hunters Hill, an hour 20 later we were drifting the first baits down the cube trail just nor east of Browns.

Half hour into it, watching most of the boats starting the run back to port we spot a free jumping marlin a few hundred metres back down our trail. 10mins later we had a spread of lures in the water popping away in the prop wash. With 3x 24's in the water I snuck out one of my 15kg outfits I had made up years ago but never had caught a fish on it. I stuck on a Marlin Magic, not really the lure you would normally stick out on 15 but hey the things you do in a spare of the moment idea.

Half hour later with plenty of bait jumping around the boat the 15kg gets nailed out of the short rigger. Drag howling I grab the rod whilst the other rods are cleared. With perfect conditions it was pretty easy fishing. Keep the pressure on and take my time continually ran threw my head.

post-3563-1239534238_thumb.jpg

The stripped marlin did a quick carry on out the back but all held together.

post-3563-1239534340_thumb.jpg

30min later we have it at the boat.

post-3563-1239534264_thumb.jpg

Theres the lure that did the catchin

post-3563-1239534368_thumb.jpg

What great looking fish close up.

post-3563-1239534292_thumb.jpg

post-3563-1239534316_thumb.jpg

And then this is how I ended up!

post-3563-1239534815_thumb.jpg

So thanks to the crew today and helping me get that first marlin for the boat may there be many to come NEXT :biggrin2:

Brillant report Greg.

We were out on saturday with some fantastic conditions also.

Just a few questions though, were you cubing for YFT, what was the water temperature like out there and was the current pushing hard. On saturday we had 24 degrees and the current was flying and was near impossible to drop to the mountain.

Thanks guys.

What an afternoon! The way fishings ment to be.....

Frank out at Browns it was 24.1, East of Browns it dropped down to 23.2, we fished the break. Bit warm for my liking for YFT, that was one of the factors of us pulling the pin on the trail early. There was also heaps of mini stripes or frigates jumping around feeding on the run out just over the shelf to just short of Browns. This is where we ended up hooking it.

Conditions look great again tomorrow, fingers crossed!

Greg

Greg,

Well done , may you catch many more....

I was also able to get the first for my boat on Saturday. East of Browns Blue that went 144.9 weighed it at S.G.F.C fish ended up dieing at the boat as it got sharked during the hour long fight on 24kg.

Nice boat by the way........I am a Centre console fanatic. (pic of my CC)

Regards,

Steve

post-8363-1239625113_thumb.jpg

Edited by Little Averof

Well Done Greg,

Glad to shake the monkey off the boats back !

Saw you guys out there yesterday (monday) as well, howd you end up ? We didnt turn a reel on anything special but got a feed of dollies.

Steve,

Any pictures of your blue? I'd love to see the damage the shark did?

Chris

Edited by Aero

Congratulations Greg, I know that you have been working towards this for a while and to get one on your own boat, even better, I know you have caught them before but achieving it as a boat owner and skipper must feel awesome, cheers Justin. :yahoo:

Well done to you to Little Averof on yours too!

Go the centre consoles!

Nothing beats the fishability, even on a game rod I was able to walk around the boat and even clear the motors and bowsprit without taking the rod out of the gimble, love it!

Aero

Mate just like you guys, didn't turn a reel....

We trolled and cubed but it was like chalk and cheese from the day before. Struggled to find any bait schools yesturday :( . It was a shame as I had Kirkby and Browney1 out for the day. That bloody rain was awesome late arvo to!

Greg

Well done to you to Little Averof on yours too!

Go the centre consoles!

Nothing beats the fishability, even on a game rod I was able to walk around the boat and even clear the motors and bowsprit without taking the rod out of the gimble, love it!

Greg,

Its just something special to throw around a high powered centre console on the open ocean, i only wish everyone could feel the rush.

I go out of Gladesville so we will have to buddy up some day.

Regards,

Steve

Congrats Greg. Love those conditions.

Best pic by far is the one of you on the floor.... :074:

Steve, I'd love to see a pic of the shark damaged blue as well. Please post pics when you find the time.

Cheers

Red