Aussie Salmon

Tsunami

Thanks Ankles. This is by far the best website to use for Sydney fishos. Fishnet and the others don't seem to have many sydney based guys who know whats goin on with up to date info. :1fishing1: p.s. how do you get a photo near your name when you make a post?

Edited by Tsunami

Guest Jocool
p.s. how do you get a photo near your name when you make a post?

37143[/snapback]

Top right hand corner of the page you will see a tab that says MY CONTROLS...click on that...all your info is in there!

Welcome to the site mate! :thumbup:

Guest bluecod

Tsunami,

Bled, iced straight away, filleted and skinned, blood line cut out, cut into fish finger size strips, coated with crumb in one, lightly fried then sprinkled with lemon juice, served with chips and a garden salad and a few :beersmile::beersmile: they taste great. Got to be fresh - caught and cooked within 24 hours.

Guest Jocool
Have been catching a lot of salmon inside heads.

37137[/snapback]

Love catching them...Care to elaborate on where you are getting them mate? :thumbup:

Hi guys. First post. Have been catching a lot of salmon inside heads. Besides a great fight what else are they good for? Mates mum made a curry with them and was crap. Good for bait, burley or just let em go????

37137[/snapback]

I have a mate who's dad thinly slices Salmon fillets, and then uses a smoker to cure the fillets. I tried it recently and believe it tasted sensational... :thumbup:

He also uses a similar method used to prepare salted anchovies with olive oil, and it also tasted fab....especially with a cold beer. :beersmile:

Spizza.

Anywhere in the circle between Dobroyd, South Head, Middle Head & Grotto. They seem to move anywhere in this area but this week and last week closer to Washaway. Great fight. Keep thinking I have hooked something much bigger! Thanks for all the support!

Guest Jocool
WOW didn't know there was salmon all the way in Australia!! I live in Anchorage Alaska.

What species?

37360[/snapback]

G'Day Global, and welcome to the site. Hope you enjoy it here.

The Australian Salmon isn't a true Salmanoid like you know it. Its scientific name is Arripis trutta. Heres a pic of one.

Edited by Jocool