Fishing/holiday Destination?

gw77

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone would have any recommendations on where would be a good place to go for a fishing holiday within NSW, within walking distance to rock & beach fishing as well as good for fishing from a boat. I was thinking about South West Rocks but just wondering whether anyone knew of anywhere closer to Sydney or a better spot or could even recommend somewhere different.

Cheers : )

:1fishing1: I have had fishing holidays in both Narooma & Jervis Bay. Narooma has some great estuary fishing around the oyster racks and elsewhere, plus rock & beach. Heading offshore is not a good idea unless you are very experienced at crossing bars, because the Narooma bar is notorious. If you can afford a charter trip, better to do it that way with an experienced local in a big boat.

Jervis Bay is also good value, with the bay itself providing plenty of opportunities by boat and off the shore. It is not a good spot to get caught in a strong wind in a small boat though! :badair: Getting offshore also is not a drama. The beach and rock fishing in the nearby national park is also pretty good, but be prepared to walk.

Yeh I would say Forster or the seals rocks area is very good. If you want to rock beach fish Treachery is a good beach, small hike to it, but a good point etc.

Harrington is a pleasant little town further north, with good fishing and easy outside access too. Its also got a massive breakwall that I hear is a decent spot to flick.

Edited by Coast_Bloke

• 2 years later...

if you are going north you cant beat swr or try hat head especialy if you have young kids hat head is so quiet it ideal for the little ones but still provides one of the best fishin,swimmin, surfin beaches rock fishin galore, the river is tops, and if you want to boat quite a few off shore reefs..a local bowling club thats very friendly...how do i know all this?????? i have only been going there with my family for over 30 years and we still love it....BOB

if you are going north you cant beat swr or try hat head especialy if you have young kids hat head is so quiet it ideal for the little ones but still provides one of the best fishin,swimmin, surfin beaches rock fishin galore, the river is tops, and if you want to boat quite a few off shore reefs..a local bowling club thats very friendly...how do i know all this?????? i have only been going there with my family for over 30 years and we still love it....BOB

ssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... seriously though - the camping ground at Hat Head is fantastic and if you avoid peak times its not impossible to have it almost to yourself. The beach can get pretty wild - when we were there earlier this year the swell was running and there were some nasty looking rips around. Great gutters for a beach fish though.

See you up there :1prop: