Botany Fad / Peak

searunner525

post-10476-1240317832_thumb.jpgHi raiders

headed out last week to botany bay fad, trolled skirts and got smashed with stripe tuna everywhere no dollies around at all. Got a bit bored of catching stripe's so we headed for the peak for a bottom bash.

Had a few live yakkas and send them down but the only thing down there were small leather jackets, lines kept on getting bitten and it was such a waste of live bait.

Just as we were leaving saw a huge shark fin come to the surface don't know what sort it was because it was very overcast i thing it was curious to check out my sea anchor.

hey stacerboy..

nice bag of stripes... do you like them on the plate or just stocking up your bait supplies??

Also, i was looking at your pic and to me it looks like the fish in the bottom row second from the left is a nice looking tailor?

It might just be the pic.. plus i havent had my coffee this morning so still half asleep..

Just thought I would check..

Have a good one

MPM

i'd say its a blue mowie he may have been lucky enough to score off the bottom of the peak

Chris

def mowie...u get them on the troll....was it rough out there yestie?heard a 2-3m sea was pumping through

post-10476-1240317832_thumb.jpgHi raiders

headed out last week to botany bay fad, trolled skirts and got smashed with stripe tuna everywhere no dollies around at all. Got a bit bored of catching stripe's so we headed for the peak for a bottom bash.

Had a few live yakkas and send them down but the only thing down there were small leather jackets, lines kept on getting bitten and it was such a waste of live bait.

Just as we were leaving saw a huge shark fin come to the surface don't know what sort it was because it was very overcast i thing it was curious to check out my sea anchor.

That other fish is a mowie got it at the peak

bottom bashing.Thought the stripies were bonito

won't be be bringing them home again not good eating

gave some away and kept a a few for bait for next time

Fun cathching them thats about it.

Great work Stacerboy, good haul of stripies, yeah mate not real good to eat but the are a top bait if filleted and salted, I would love to have those fillets in my fridge..

Cheers..