Syd Harbour 24/4/09

Josh88

Well took the boat out for probably the last time until maybe September or even November due to my HSC and was hoping to get a solid king or two.

The usual story really, struggled for squid and this cost us big time, only got about 4 in 4 hours of trying for them.

Had trouble with pickers as well taking both dead baits and killing live baits which is a real pain in the ass, the leatherjackets are the culprit still, anyway we did land one King, only a little fella on a live cuttlefish at 57cm and he was actually a tagged fish so i assume it must be from that research day thing they had in the harbour not too long ago tagging Kings.

If anybody did that and had the tag number C6780 then i caught your fish, going to ring the tag people and try to find out previous details of the fish.

Plenty of other big Kings caught by people around us but they had at least 3 times as much squid as us + bigger ones and it clearly shows that is what makes the difference.

Whilst squidding thought i saw a few yakkas and started burleying and didn't attract any yakkas but a school of good sized bream so threw in some unweighted squid on a handline and to my surprise hooked quite a few, size varied between just under legal to about 35cm but put all of them back in the drink.

Not the best way to have my last outing for a while but it will suffice.

Cheers

Josh

Bad luck with the fishing josh

Were you anchored off one of the white buoys in clifton gardens. If so i think i might have seen you. I was walking on bradleys head walking track

Cheers hazza

Yeh we fished Clifton for a bit but it was dead as a doornail.

Sounds like you've caught my problem in catching squid. :(

Good luck with the HSC studies. It's a stressful time in your life but don't panic, give it a good effort and let your hair down afterwards. It'll all be over before you know it! :yahoo:

Cheers,

Geoff.

Edited by g.t.

Josh,

That was me in the tinnie. Ended up with some nice kings. I had to leave the harbour to get good squid.

Nice ride you got there...hell of a lot more comfortable in those conditions then my tiller steer!!!!

Cheers,

rippinlips

At least you got some size, most people really like the look of it but as the owner there are a lot of things that could be greatly improved which often restrict how i can use it unfortunately, am looking to get something bigger fairly soon.

Josh,

That was me who gave you a wave when you arrived at Middle Head. Like you I struggled to get some squid and caught my first one at 8.55 after beginning at 6.00! Managed three in quick succession and decided to go back up into Middle Harbour to use them. Again like you, I lost them all to pickers - yakkas and sweep I think - and went home with and empty esky!!

Yes the HSC is important and stressful. But it is not the be all and end all in life. As a teacher I have helped hundreds of young people through their final year and have had three of my own go through it too. My advice is to continue to enjoy your recreational pursuits when you can - you can't study all weekend!

Give it your best shot - you can't be expected to do more than that.

Remember too that academic achievement is great but what is more important is that you develop into a person who contributes to our society and cares about others. Give me a decent human being who tries his/ her best rather than a "high achieving" smartarse any day (I'm not saying that all high achievers are smartarses but there are a few around!!).

All the best and see you on the water again next summer.

Cheers

Kel

Josh,

That was me who gave you a wave when you arrived at Middle Head. Like you I struggled to get some squid and caught my first one at 8.55 after beginning at 6.00! Managed three in quick succession and decided to go back up into Middle Harbour to use them. Again like you, I lost them all to pickers - yakkas and sweep I think - and went home with and empty esky!!

Yes the HSC is important and stressful. But it is not the be all and end all in life. As a teacher I have helped hundreds of young people through their final year and have had three of my own go through it too. My advice is to continue to enjoy your recreational pursuits when you can - you can't study all weekend!

Give it your best shot - you can't be expected to do more than that.

Remember too that academic achievement is great but what is more important is that you develop into a person who contributes to our society and cares about others. Give me a decent human being who tries his/ her best rather than a "high achieving" smartarse any day (I'm not saying that all high achievers are smartarses but there are a few around!!).

All the best and see you on the water again next summer.

Cheers

Kel

Oh Kel well said :thumbup:

mrsswordie

Bad luck on the fish Josh - and as Kel said don't get too carried away with the HSC, plenty of time yet and you can't study 24/7. Or go out fishing and take some books with you :1prop:

Just out of interest which two rival schools are Mike and yourself from?...

QUOTE(browney1 @ Apr 24 2009, 06:19 PM)

after we smash you in footy:p

ahah

cheers,

Mike

Might be happening in your dreams mate but we'll make sure its not a reality

Bad luck on the fish Josh - and as Kel said don't get too carried away with the HSC, plenty of time yet and you can't study 24/7. Or go out fishing and take some books with you :1prop:

Just out of interest which two rival schools are Mike and yourself from?...

I'm from Aloysius and Mike's at Barker, early results show that we are stronger :1prop: as you'd expect haha

Edited by Josh88