Friday Arvo Fish

hookmeup

G'day guys, finally had a successful arvo fish session,we were specifically targeting flatties, tried our usual spot, no good, found a nice sandy spot in about 7 foot of water, decided against the usual drift for flatties & went for cast & slow retrieve , within about 5 mins pulled the first up & it just kept on going for about 1 hour, yee haa, :1prop: didn't have a raider brag mat (must get one) the pictures aren't real good(phone) but the biggest was 60cm & all the others were 39-41 cm. a nice feed for 2 small families. After many unsuccessful fishing trips the :wife: was starting to think I had a mistress :074: (sure fooled her !!!!!) I am joking, it was great to finally take home a decent feed. Lost 2 bigger ones near the boat as well, oh yeh pulling the first in & we realised that we had left the net out, 2 chewed the line once in the boat :wacko::wacko:

Cheers & :beersmile::beersmile:

post-10174-1240806820_thumb.jpg

Good onya mate, good bag of lizards, were you using plastics or hard bodies, either way it is a good result.

Don't forget your net next time.. :1wallbash:

Cheers..

G'day Ray, tried soft, not a bite, tried a paternoster(not sure if spelt right) with soft on top & mullet on bottom, not a bite , then just stuck with good old chunks of mullet & they went off.Trying to land flatties without a net was tricky.cheers

G'day guys, finally had a successful arvo fish session,we were specifically targeting flatties, tried our usual spot, no good, found a nice sandy spot in about 7 foot of water, decided against the usual drift for flatties & went for cast & slow retrieve , within about 5 mins pulled the first up & it just kept on going for about 1 hour, yee haa, :1prop: didn't have a raider brag mat (must get one) the pictures aren't real good(phone) but the biggest was 60cm & all the others were 39-41 cm. a nice feed for 2 small families. After many unsuccessful fishing trips the :wife: was starting to think I had a mistress :074: (sure fooled her !!!!!) I am joking, it was great to finally take home a decent feed. Lost 2 bigger ones near the boat as well, oh yeh pulling the first in & we realised that we had left the net out, 2 chewed the line once in the boat :wacko::wacko:

Cheers & :beersmile::beersmile:

Good size lizards mate, nice to know the flatties are still on the chew.

:beersmile: