Loving Luderick

Went for a session this arvo on the rocks. 3 rock cockies, 5 pigs and 7 luderick. These were the stand out worth keeping but the chinaman fishing next to me wanted the rock cockies. Crappy flesh and in plague proportions.... who'd wanna eat'em.... spose he'd have a recipe for them. My knife is 32.5 cms long and I got smoked 6 times too and lost 2 floats! All good in a 4.5hr session.

Outta here! :beersmile:

:thumbup: congratulations and they would definately go well as a feed with a few beverages.... :yahoo:

but yeh dunno why anyone would want them me and the old bloke used to fish for pigs in a gutter up near south west rocks and they used to be there guaranteed u would catch 6 or 7 an hour and for some reason we used to know once again a chinaman who asked us to bring him back a few everytime we went out.... go figure...neways well done on the feed and tight lines

Was up around byron bay for New years, and there were some Koreans fishing the stones catching cockies and Kelpies. Kept them all, .. they reckon that they make great sashimi!

I always throw them back... not keen o n giving them a go...

:1fishing1: AJ

Was up around byron bay for New years, and there were some Koreans fishing the stones catching cockies and Kelpies. Kept them all, .. they reckon that they make great sashimi!

I always throw them back... not keen o n giving them a go...

:1fishing1: AJ

I once took the plunge and tried the cockies.

if you bleed them, skin / fillet / debone them and fry them in a tom-yum sauce they taste the same as the luderick. The sauce is quite a strong asian flavour and masks some of the iodine-type taste of the rock-cale. I don't fish the stones any more but if I did, I would still keep them...

How do you think the first person to ever eat octopus felt?

All his mates and girl-friends would have thought the bloke was a social outcast - a mentally deficient goof who would eat anything - until he opened up a seafood restaurant selling BBQ octopus as his specialty....

Now they line up for a table....

Have an open mind - experiment a bit and you will learn what an amazing source of food the ocean can be.

G'day mate, :1welcomeani: to FR, a nice catch mate, plenty of action in a short session.

Where abouts were you fishing, general area .

Cheers and congrats on your catch.. :thumbup: