Botany Bay Sat 02/05

deano2233

went to botany bay with a mate on saturday got on the water just before sunrise and planned to go for squid but that didnt last long we saw a good size squid but didnt manage to hook it, so we gave up and went for some drifts throwing some soft plastices around. we got some nice size flatties and a tiger flatty? that wasnt legal. also dropped a great size flounder just metres from the boat :thumbdown: after about three hours the wind was picking us so we called it a day. not a bad morning on the bay.

tiger flathead:

post-10567-1241312184_thumb.jpg

Lunch & Dinner

post-10567-1241312253_thumb.jpg

Nice feed of flatties, what plastic did the damage?

it was a 3 inch shad mine was dark on the top light and pinkish on the bottom and sides and my mate used a 3 inch shad that was bright pink with glitter on it they are cheap but effective. and you cant forget the ultrabite spray.

Well done 5star, nice feed, correct me if I am wrong, but it looks like you have used Hodgys ( I think it was him) suggested method of skinning the flatheads ? looks perfect , I tried it the other week but forgot that you DONT SCALE THEM, & made a bit of a mess of it. cheers

Well done 5star, nice feed, correct me if I am wrong, but it looks like you have used Hodgys ( I think it was him) suggested method of skinning the flatheads ? looks perfect , I tried it the other week but forgot that you DONT SCALE THEM, & made a bit of a mess of it. cheers

thanks mate, no i didnt skin them i just scaled them (the skin peels straight off when you cook them) like you would do any normal fish, this was one of the rare times that id actually kept fish rather than release them so im no expert on killing or preparing fish. i just cut the top of the spine, gut, scale and throw them on ice. simple but effective.