Bit Late But My Easter 8kg Snapper Cleaned

riley93

went down the coast on easter with a few mates got up early with no bait in hope to get some yellow tail and went for some reds and we thought we would give shallow water a try we were in 20ft of water, using 7kg line on a 3500bait runner on my little saltiga. wasent long before we got the first 1, my mate got a 5.2kg one and then my rod went of and i lost one around the same size at the side of the boat, but just after that i got 3 more over 4.5 kg so wasnt too bad, went out the next morning and got one 4.5kg in the same spot, we decided to try the spot that night and my mate got a 4.7kg red, and we didnt think we were going to get any others then my rod went off and it was a good 8kg snapper, it didnt run like a red so i thought it was another shark so i gave it heaps then when we put the light on it i backed of the drag and took it easy..

first day

post-7832-1241428460_thumb.jpg

post-7832-1241428620_thumb.jpg

second day

post-7832-1241428485_thumb.jpg

the big one

post-7832-1241428506_thumb.jpg

post-7832-1241428526_thumb.jpg

post-7832-1241428547_thumb.jpg

Edited by riley93

Well done guys, what a great catch of reddies :fish_h4h: , good to see the smile on your face Riley93, I'd be smiling to with a snapper like that..

Congrats chaps.. :1clap::thumbup:

Cheers...

You'd have to be at Sussex there wouldn't ya?

That was my guess - I've been going there for many years and I reckon that's the inlet in the background.

Since Riley's been a tad light on providing any details of his captures I'll note that there is a very productive shallow-water Snapper reef a couple of hundred meters south of the Sussex Inlet bar (not an easy bar to cross BTW in any sort of swell). We anchored there by accident one arvo and pulled four legal snapper on squid while waiting for the 'captain' to fix the motor.

Unfortunately those are the best directions I can give as it was about 5 years ago and I never took a reading.

Edited by Mondo

That was my guess - I've been going there for many years and I reckon that's the inlet in the background.

Since Riley's been a tad light on providing any details of his captures I'll note that there is a very productive shallow-water Snapper reef a couple of hundred meters south of the Sussex Inlet bar (not an easy bar to cross BTW in any sort of swell). We anchored there by accident one arvo and pulled four legal snapper on squid while waiting for the 'captain' to fix the motor.

Unfortunately those are the best directions I can give as it was about 5 years ago and I never took a reading.

Looking on Google earth thats a pretty unfriendly looking bar!