Wollongong Crabs Now With Pictures

spanyid

went crabbing yesterday on the water at dawn with main aim of crabbing set a run of 8 hats (5 per person 2 on board) tried some hats with mullet some with slimies some with chicken checked them each 30 -45 minutes some had 0 some had 3 in them with no real prefference for bait.

spent all day out had a moment with a very strong nipper pinning me on the palm (on the meaty bit!)gee it hurt whilst holding the other nipper trying to get it off.they are very powerful wouldn't want one on a finger! during this another one untangled itself and was doing it's best to get my toes on the floor of the boat. my wife could only see the funny side! any way we come home with 37 keepers all but one female

some reel crackers aswell having trouble with pics try later

post-8156-1241647590_thumb.jpg

post-8156-1241647708_thumb.jpg

Edited by spanyid

went crabbing yesterday on the water at dawn with main aim of crabbing set a run of 8 hats (5 per person 2 on board) tried some hats with mullet some with slimies some with chicken checked them each 30 -45 minutes some had 0 some had 3 in them with no real prefference for bait.

spent all day out had a moment with a very strong nipper pinning me on the palm (on the meaty bit!)gee it hurt whilst holding the other nipper trying to get it off.they are very powerful wouldn't want one on a finger! during this another one untangled itself and was doing it's best to get my toes on the floor of the boat. my wife could only see the funny side! any way we come home with 37 keepers all but one female

some reel crackers aswell having trouble with pics try later

Mate thats a great result with crabs, i would have thought they would be shy this late in the year. When you say Wollongong to you mean the lake or outside?

Very well done mate. The lake you talk of is my "local". Have heard of some good catches this season, big crabs too they reckon. Where in the lake did you get yours?

Thanks, we went to the north side of the lake. :thumbup:

• 8 years later...