Avoca Rocks Today

Mercer007

Hi Raiders,

Headed to Avoca on the run in tide around 2.30pm and was rapt that I'd finished work early to wet a line.

About half an hour after I had set up, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, grab n run. (i'd never seen line peel off a reel that fast) I tried to strike but the hooks must have pulled as my bait was still intact on retrieval.

2 hours later and 2 'Non Locals' slippin over on the slippery rock surface (and a silent chuckle :074: )not much had been happening.

Local Ray R rears his head, keen on catching a squid or 2 and it wasn't long before we're shooting the breeze, watching and runnin on occasion from the rising swell.

Bout half an hour before dark Ray R lands a nice little trevally (which are also known as blurters, cause of the sound they make when trying to tell us to put them back into the drink. Blurrrrrt, blurrrrrt.)

post-10077-1241610094_thumb.jpg

I'm still wondering weather or not these little buggers like squid as Ray R was using stripey tuna for bait.

Guess it wasn't quite my day.

I think I'll use a second dropper on my peternoster rig in future and get two different baits out there to give the buggers some choice. Cause today they had a choice but it defenately wasn't the one which I had backed.

Anyway, Ray R caught a smaller version of the pictured model bout 5 mis later, then we decided to pack it in for the evening.

Ray R (2), Mercer007 (0).

Will keep you all posted on my progress @ Avoca as it is now my local haunt.

Till then,

Peter