Striped Marlin On Broadbill

Ross Hunter

post-2782-1241997960_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1241997918_thumb.jpg

STRIPED MARLIN EXCELLENT BUT TUNA A LITTLE SCARCE ON SATURDAY

The last three trips we have caught a striped marlin every trip.

All have been caught in depths varying from 66 fathoms to 72 fathoms. That is now a total now of five stripes since Easter including the two caught over Easter we have caught them all on Broadbill on lures. Having gone back to the one hook rig our success rate has soared, but mind you I do feel that there is a lot of luck involved in that scenario. We will probably drop the next bunch.

We both fished Saturday and did not get a bite from a yellowfin, even fishing after dark in 420 fathoms but alas, they may have been there and we were in the wrong bit of the creek.

The water has cooled to 21.5 which for me is perfect for tuna, but they did not think so.

The marlin and a few stripeys made our day and our team from The Botany Bay sportfishing Club, headed up by Colin Addis, were a great bunch who enjoyed the day immensely and that makes our job easier.

Predictions the tuna will return as the next head of water flows through in a week or so and the stripes will keep on biting. See recent photos.

Ross Hunter

post-2782-1241997619_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1241997642_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1241997684_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1241997714_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1241997742_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1241997786_thumb.jpg

I hope we keep catching the little buggers but they can be a bit fiesty on 80lb tackle with 450lb trace targeting the big blues but a welcome bycatch makes it interesting on the trace poor Broady we only painted it the day before now its all billwacked again.With a 100% hookup rate last few trips on the single hook I have to ask myself why use anything different? cheers Emu..

nice striped for the botany bay boys!!!!! we all had a shot at the tuna , and i wished i had a bigger boat for the run home. good water but no fish?? they are around and will be found soon enough. keep up the good work on the water , i will here the tails at tuesdays meeting at the woronora rsl :1fishing1:

nice striped for the botany bay boys!!!!! we all had a shot at the tuna , and i wished i had a bigger boat for the run home. good water but no fish?? they are around and will be found soon enough. keep up the good work on the water , i will here the tails at tuesdays meeting at the woronora rsl :1fishing1:

[/quote

THEY ARE A GOOD CREW, HAVE A GREAT NIGHT

ROSS

what type of hooks are you running on your lures there ross

cheers arman

I think that they are 14/0 ss non offsets Maybe Emu will confirm I am the skipper and I don't put the grubs on the hooks. That's what my dedicated crewman does over to you Emu.

Ross