Pittwater

adjustedpete

I got the ok from the :wife: to go fishing. I couldnt get out the door fast enough before she changed her mind. (lots of chores to do) Launched the boat in a westerly wind about 15 20 knots and shot off to barrenjoey headland. the swell was about 8ft and choppy. i sent a whole squid out hoping to test my new braid knott, but it was not to be. Prudence being the better part of valour, after 30 minutes I pulled the pin and took off for calmer waters. I decided on flint and steel, by the time I got there the wind had dropped to zero ( Damn). I pulled up next to an anchored boat and asked them if they were getting any bites and the guy said it was very quiet. So I moved up close to the red marker and drifted back over the weed bed. BANG.... 2 flatties in 10 minutes,44 and 36 cm with a bit of squid for bait. Did 1 last drift and decided to move and it was good enough to try the headland again. As soon as I got over there the wind picked up again.... %&$@# ....just my luck. Trolled back into pittwater with a popper for zip and decided to pull the pin. On the way back I saw bait fish jumping in towlers so out went the popper again, with a slice on the side , just in case. Naaa it just wasnt happening for me. But it was a top day out and it could have been worse, I could have been at work... LOL.post-2999-1242199085_thumb.jpg

Edited by adjustedpete

You are dead right mate, any day fishin' is better than working, so you got 2 nice flatties and that's what a man must do , him go hunt for food for family ugh! , just try that one on the missus..

Good flatties mate..

Cheers..

I got the ok from the :wife: to go fishing. I couldnt get out the door fast enough before she changed her mind. (lots of chores to do) Launched the boat in a westerly wind about 15 20 knots and shot off to barrenjoey headland. the swell was about 8ft and choppy. i sent a whole squid out hoping to test my new braid knott, but it was not to be. Prudence being the better part of valour, after 30 minutes I pulled the pin and took off for calmer waters. I decided on flint and steel, by the time I got there the wind had dropped to zero ( Damn). I pulled up next to an anchored boat and asked them if they were getting any bites and the guy said it was very quiet. So I moved up close to the red marker and drifted back over the weed bed. BANG.... 2 flatties in 10 minutes,44 and 36 cm with a bit of squid for bait. Did 1 last drift and decided to move and it was good enough to try the headland again. As soon as I got over there the wind picked up again.... %&$@# ....just my luck. Trolled back into pittwater with a popper for zip and decided to pull the pin. On the way back I saw bait fish jumping in towlers so out went the popper again, with a slice on the side , just in case. Naaa it just wasnt happening for me. But it was a top day out and it could have been worse, I could have been at work... LOL.post-2999-1242199085_thumb.jpg

well Pete, at least you had fun, im working my backside with work and the boat but its looking good.

should have finished this week :)

well Pete, at least you had fun, im working my backside with work and the boat but its looking good.

should have finished this week :)

Dont worry bro, I have plenty of time for u and me. time and place thats all I need. ....Bring it on