Avoca Very Windy

Ray R

G'day Raiders, just a quick report on this arvo's effort.

Well the wind was howling form the west which made things a bit difficult, I was able to cast out the big gear but it was hard to feel the hits due to the huge wind bow in the line, after a while there was a knock at the door and then an explosive run, I upped it and fought the beast to edge and lifted it up the face, a nice salmon, I snapped him and sent him back.

A couple of baits later I am in again now this definately felt like the reddie I was after , it was thumping and diving and I was jumping up and down until I saw it at the bottom of the ledge and there it was in all its glory , a tiny kingfish my second one in a month, so I grabbed a pic of him and set it free, I was so certain he was a red.

After this I moved down to the front ledge and met up with Peter (mercer007) fished with him for a while he jigged up a squid and I fished the bottom for no fish, started getting dark and cold so we went to our respective homes.

A nice arvo the swell was down and the wind was a pain in the butt, took some pics caught some fish sure beats workin'... Enjoyable..

Cheers..

post-3371-1242290735_thumb.jpg

post-3371-1242290702_thumb.jpg

post-3371-1242290774_thumb.jpg

post-3371-1242290806_thumb.jpg

post-3371-1242290838_thumb.jpg

Nothing wrong with that Ray!!

Awesome pics once again.

C'mon mate! Break out the big gear & fish one of those salmon or tailor fillets will you!

Fantastic looking water from those pics. :thumbup:

Cheers,

Grant.

Hey ray, that 3rd and 4th photo looks like awesome drummer spots :biggrin2: berley with some bread mushed up in water and a bit of sand and throw a piece of cunjie or a half slice of fresh bread without the crust rolled and moulded on a size 1 extra strong hook and a small pea sinker in there and hang on , i would almost guarentee that you will catch drummer there.

Edited by diver1

nice fish there Ray, just wondering what u used to catch the salmon i.e. rig and bait.

Cheers and good work,

Simmo

Here ya go Simmo, hope this explains it for you, I'm certainly no artist as you can see..

Cheers..

post-3371-1242299765_thumb.jpg

hey mate , going there on the weekend with my mates for a spin and tailor for the night stayin the whole night right hand on top off the rock

i sent you a pm but will be up on the rocks on the weekend, would be good to see other raiders and what they are using,this is my first rock fishing . I know the rocks there very well , infact in my stupid days i used to swim in the slide there in big swell...silly i know

Alby

Mondo,

Nice photos again and not a bad rig explanation. Don't like you fishing while up going up and down the F3. By the way I can smell those rock fishing boots from here.

Regards, Hutcho

Mondo,

Nice photos again and not a bad rig explanation. Don't like you fishing while I'm going up and down the F3. By the way I can smell those rock fishing boots from here.

Regards, Hutcho

Nice fish Ray, Its been a while since I've fished Avoca rocks. Those pics bring back good memories. You should try floating out a livie or whole pilly under a balloon when the wind blows away from the rocks.

Cheers,

GUDude