Yft Out Off Browns

checch

Found A school of YFT launching out of the water a few weeks ago they we on the move and FAST! only small between 15-30KG but no doubt alot of fun!

Trolled out to the shelf picking up a couple of stripies and little undersized dollie, on the hunt or a marlin or two, no luck on the way out, had a bottom bash at a reef we came across man was it deep, managed to hook onto some quite large nannygai and a 4-5kg bar cod. On the move out wide trying to find some good water we came across a school of YFT that wouldnt touch the lures or skirts we threw at them, decided to stop and cube up. Motors cut i was pumped to get into it, grabbed the first rod and started winding in the spread... Adrenalin pumping at the excited of my first YFT i was winding at a great rate, as soon as i got the lure to the boat and ready to grab the leader BANG!! im on, after a good 10 min battle i got my first YFT at around 15Kg, was quite excited it was awsum. Next we cubed for nothing, we deserately needed those livies we couldnt get this morning.. with a couple of dead looking nannygai in the LBT we hooked one up and sent her out as a livie, after 5mins or so the rod started screaming this one was better, managed a nice 30kg specimen, then we hooked up on a dead yakka next for an 18kg fin. it was getting late so we decided to call it a day and head back in.. great day out and managed some nice fish..

n549267664_2196362_2509348.jpg

n549267664_2196364_651525.jpg

n549267664_2196367_6722098.jpg

n549267664_2196368_6279605.jpg

n549267664_2196370_5660493.jpg

n549267664_2196360_3929857.jpg

G'day Cheech, great report mate, those YFT's are beautys :1clap: and some other species as well , you certainly had a great day out, bet they tested the forearm muscles out..

Congrats.. :thumbup:

Cheers...

Hey Checch,

Everyone is YFT mad - I'm more interested in the deep reef and bar cod.

I don't suppose any details thereof would be forthcoming, would they?

I only ask as my back is not what it used to be. My days of catching 3 or 4 decent fin in a day are over.

Now it's cranking the handles of the reef queen reel. I may only get to use them 3 times a year but I like them and it doesn't hurt the back....

By the way, nice fin too.....

Hey Checch,

Everyone is YFT mad - I'm more interested in the deep reef and bar cod.

I don't suppose any details thereof would be forthcoming, would they?

I only ask as my back is not what it used to be. My days of catching 3 or 4 decent fin in a day are over.

Now it's cranking the handles of the reef queen reel. I may only get to use them 3 times a year but I like them and it doesn't hurt the back....

By the way, nice fin too.....

Mate, i gotno idea couldnt tell ya, on our way from BB out to browns, came across a deep reef abot 150m and had a go at it, thats what we came up with

stuff the fish... what a boat! :1yikes:

how do i catch one of those? :biggrin2:

Yer, top boat, its up at the Goldie for the big boat show at the moment