Blades & Plastics In The Wind

A torrid week of work commitments put paid to my plans to fish in Sydney with Stewy this weekend. :( Last night the wind was howling, and the chances of getting out this morning for a quick session looked pretty grim too. As luck would have it, I was greeted with light winds and cloud cover this morning, so off I set to meet Deno for a blades and plastics session on the breambos.

The water temp here at the moment is 12 degrees .... no wonder the flatties are sleepy! :biggrin2: Started the morning amongst the leases, with deno throwing palstics and me using blades. Dene managed to land 2 nice flatties around 50 cm and I managed a couple of bream. At one stage we came across a flock of chestnut teal. Their plumage looked fantastic in the sun. Sadly, photos from a rocking boat don't do them justice. The best bream for the day came from here

post-3198-1242444511_thumb.jpg

post-3198-1242444543_thumb.jpg

Throwing blades around here is not for the faint-hearted, but I only lost one for the day, so I can't complain. The majority of the hookups were as the blades was falling after an initial jig. True to form, the lure-crazed flathead managed to find the blade as well. You can see the underwater structure bottom left of the 1st photo

post-3198-1242444669_thumb.jpg

post-3198-1242444692_thumb.jpg

post-3198-1242444783_thumb.jpg

The wind really started to kick up at this stage, so it was time to seek sanctuary in the river bends. Pleasant conditions, great company .... what more could you want

post-3198-1242444834_thumb.jpg

Found pesky tailor in good numbers around the timber :mad3: and the occasional obliging bream as well. Another good session enjoyed on the water. Most of the fish fell to gold Jazz blades, 2" Gulp shrimp in natural or 2" Gulp jigging worms in pumkinseed. Have a great weekend everyone.

Cheers

Hodgey

G'day Hodgey, great report and top pics too, some really fishy looking places you have down there mate, good to see a few flatties still around as well as the bream, we have quite severe wind up here as well, think it was last nights curry. :fart:

Glad the wind held off so you and Dene were able to get out for a bash.. :thumbup:

Cheers...

Nice work as usual Skip

How did Dene go after a week at Aurukun?

Did he pull their heads off on the strike or has he already adjusted?

Where is the Aurukun report by the way??? :drool:

Nice catch Hodgey. The water down your way looks great. Have to get some of those blades myself Hodgey. Do you think they will do well up here in Forster? How do you work the blades, since I have never used them before.

post-3198-1242466192_thumb.jpg

Nice little session Ian some pretty good structure down there... pretty impressed with the look of these blades, I saved the photo and might try dancing a few of these around structure in the Georges one day, the koolabung has a bit of a reputation ay....you'd have trevally schools come in down there in the next month or so wouldn't you mate...

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Here ya go mate:

post-3198-1242466192_thumb.jpg

looks like a great time Hodgey. Beautiful river system. Love the blades but suffer tangles while casting. what line and reel do you use?. I use some 4lb braid with 1000 shimano reel.

Quady

Nice catch Hodgey. The water down your way looks great. Have to get some of those blades myself Hodgey. Do you think they will do well up here in Forster? How do you work the blades, since I have never used them before.

PM sent mate

looks like a great time Hodgey. Beautiful river system. Love the blades but suffer tangles while casting. what line and reel do you use?. I use some 4lb braid with 1000 shimano reel.

Quady

I use 2 - 4lb braid, 4-6lb fluro leader and a 2000 SOL on a Pfleuger Tournament rod. No dramas with tangles mate ... and they cast a MILE!

Nice set of blades there Hodgey

Ive been using the Jaz razyrs as well pity the paint comes off them to easily

The Jaz at the bottom of the pic has been working well Best colour Ive found is the purple one

I have found the bark comes off all the brands, but the Jazz lures only set me back $5 each so I can't complain. The Ecogear's were nearly 4 times that, and my gold ones were silver at the end of each session :mad3: I will have to chase up some purple ones now Andrew :biggrin2:

Cheers

Hodgey