Old School Fishing Videos

olitay

Hi Raiders, I have a collection of of old Malcom Florence an Ron Calcutt DVD's and love them. Just wondering if anyone knows of any similar dvd's from the 60's and 70's?

Edited by BillyD

Sportsfishing Series from the U.S are good, " Going for Gold"(YFT) from Bermi is tops, "Blues of Ghana" is unreal, there are so many videos its not funny, but not all from the 80's, i must have about 100 dvd's at home all fishing.

May trade with people if they want? Depepnding on what you got?

Sportsfishing Series from the U.S are good, " Going for Gold"(YFT) from Bermi is tops, "Blues of Ghana" is unreal, there are so many videos its not funny, but not all from the 80's, i must have about 100 dvd's at home all fishing.

May trade with people if they want? Depepnding on what you got?

Im looking for Aussie stuff in particular.

PS: Your bar fridge is still keeping my coldies cool!!! good man!

i totally agree with you Billy, Ron Calcutts "A Fishermans World" series is awsome!!

I remember as a kid seeing it on the ABC,only managed to see one episode "from the river to the sea" but was enough to get me hooked. :)

Wouldn't mind seeing it again though, will have to keep an eye out for the dvds.

"Im looking for Aussie stuff in particular."

Don't think there was much going before early 80s', wasn't much of a market before VCRs became popular.

Edited by hooked4life

I picked up a copy of Fishing Australia hosted by Evan Green & Guss Mercurio. Now this is a blast from the past with them Gaffing large Murray Cod and complete with instruction detailing just how to setup a Set Line.

:1prop:

awesome titles listed there and i agree ron calcutt was awesome, my favourite would have to be "river to sea" where ron and his son fishes from the upper reaches of the Clyde down to Tollgates. :thumbup:

Apart from Ron Calcutt and Mal Florence vids which are classics, some others that I enjoyed were:

A River Somewhere - (Tom Gleisner and Rob Sitch). I loved this, the locations and sense of humour is great.

Wildfish - (Peter Morse). Not bad, Morsey can be a bit dry at times though.

Go Fish Australia - (John Meillon). Who out there can remember this one? I watched it as a kid and can still remember the theme music. My memory tells me it was good, wouldn't mind sourcing the show.

Cheers

Windy