Fishing At Night In These Cold Nights?

5ky

anyone been fishing late at night these past few weeks? Have you guys catch anything? Been fishing before the tide turn in and the run out tide, in couple different places, but its been so cold, and havnt caught any fish at all, besides unsized ones where we throw back? are all the fishes asleep in these cold nights? I mean late at night around 10pm to liek 3-4am, havent caught anything decent these past few days, am i just having bad luck or there is very less fish activity on cold nights ?

yeh, catching colds ..

but seriously, cold nights are good as they keep the crowds away .. we've probably caught just as many fish during winter vs summer but I have never really kept count

Yeh, Cold nights = less people = great!

I mainly fish at night.

I'd say you have been unlucky. You should be catching fish at night if you fish the tide turns. Especially bream in cold weather and at night.

The past week I'v been catching fish almost right dead centre on the high tide.

Try to record your outings in a little diary kept in your tackle box.

And remember some days or weeks we just go without as fishos...thats just part of the game.

Cheers, Good luck

This is my first year I'm going to be braving the cold and going out for some fishing....

Normally fishing Georges River, I'll land like a big bream or 2 each session.

So far I haven't caught much. But then again, it's probably because now I'm fishing in unfamiliar territory.

anyone been fishing late at night these past few weeks? Have you guys catch anything? Been fishing before the tide turn in and the run out tide, in couple different places, but its been so cold, and havnt caught any fish at all, besides unsized ones where we throw back? are all the fishes asleep in these cold nights? I mean late at night around 10pm to liek 3-4am, havent caught anything decent these past few days, am i just having bad luck or there is very less fish activity on cold nights ?

Hi 5ky Keep at it until you find a pattern yourself in your own locations for starters... By doing that you will find ongoing cold nights without change relief happening for 2 or 3 days etc or nights on end and a steady barometric pressure reading at any figure including shutdown low fronts are always a problem when you're looking for prime times or quick hit and runs according to prime tides.... Keep your eyes open for a change in wind direction coming in and or a sharp fluctuation in barometric pressure and better still both, and then fish the prime tides and fish being spasmodic and binge feeders at best, will always go back to the same spot and will naturally have predators behind them waiting for their share..... The patterns will become more obvious when you yourself put your best effort into following their pattern by establishing your own........

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Jewgaffer is the one to listen to if you are going to take one persons advice. I'm watching that barometer closely. I'm off to wallys wharf tonight if it looks like a move outside the 1021-1023 band we have been in for days now. I've noticed different parts of the hacking fish better at certain tides but weather seems to set the overall mood of fish feeding. I seem to catch most fish in a 30min period between top and bottom of tide. Direction doesn't seem to matter. Last Monday bitter cold caught 34cm bream and snapper off wharf on fresh squid strip. No Jew unfortunately.

Looking outside tonight feels "fishy".

haha i tried fishing twice in the rain before, first time got nothing but a few under sized whitnings, 2nd time score 8-9 legal size fishes... stuck at work atm.... otherwise i be out there fishing lol

haha i tried fishing twice in the rain before, first time got nothing but a few under sized whitnings, 2nd time score 8-9 legal size fishes... stuck at work atm.... otherwise i be out there fishing lol

Yeah it happens...

I caught more a day after the first heavy downpour, but when it's raining really heavy the flowing day, there's not much action. Only after the rain starts to ease I seem to get a lot more.