Avoca Lagoon Openned

Ray R

Hi Raiders, a successful lagoon openning, last weeks attempt didn't work but they got it right this time, kids have a ball riding the stationary waves , even the stand-up guys get a few, my young bloke Jordan was there and he had a great time, I could tell by the big grin on his face..

Enjoy the pics..

Cheers...

My boy Jordan on one of his waves, 'going nowhere'

post-3371-1243409695_thumb.jpg

A few random shots..

post-3371-1243409665_thumb.jpg

post-3371-1243409640_thumb.jpg

post-3371-1243409720_thumb.jpg

Looks like fun times up there way. How big is the lagoon? any fish in there?

Hi Glenn, the lagoon is not really that big but it does have lots of little fingers of water shooting of in all directions around the back end of the lagoon, now that it's open they fish activity will increase , time to go and have a look see and try and find the holes and gutters, this is where the fish will hold up.

I have a google earth pic for you and I've indicated where the new opening is..

Cheers ...

post-3371-1243419581_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the info Ray. Looks like a top spot. Looks like the lagoon hadn't been open to the sea for a while. All good for the fishing now. I think they need to do some dredging up here. Get alot of sandbank in Wallis Lake. Seen quite a few boats doing quite a speed until they come to a stop all of a sudden on a sandbank.

great time to punch some big baits out and nail some of them big predators lurking around that new opening...

are you gonna try fishing it ray.....

wish i had the time to get up there......

thanks for the heads up ray..

cool pics.....

cheers...steve.....

Edited by roosterman

would jewfish hang about in the gutter formed by the water exiting the lake?

cause when they let terrigal lagoon out i always think about throwing a bait or big sp minnow in there, n trying for a jewy.

our local council arnt the best at catchment/estuary management, evident by avoca lagoon, terrigal lagoon, wamberal lagoon, brisbane water etc etc etc.

the stationaries are fun to ride though, until u get bombarded with rubbish from the lagoon.

The question is, what are they going to do long term to ensure it remains open?

As usual 'NOTHING ' it has nearly closed up now, I reckon by Mon , Tues next week it will be closed up..

Cheers..

Hi Ray,

My wife and I have taken our kids up to the lagoon on numberous occassions. Very friendly and safe place to go with the family for a day out and a swim.

I've never seen the lagoon open however. Its totally amazing to see it that way.

Great pics - thanks for that.

Cheers

David.

there not meant to stay open though, there not an estuary so to speak. its only due to property damage/infrastructure damage that they do open the lagoons.

i dont think nature intended on excavators moving the sand, so the lagoons can empty