Avoca Lagoon Mullet Heaps Of Fun

Ray R

Hi Raiders, just returned from the now openned lake at Avoca , I had the best time catching mullet on SP's.

I only ended up landing 4 but had at least another 10 on and lost after a tenacious fight, also had heaps of

boils right behind the placcie as it was being retrieved.

It was a fun arvo , only short but well worth it as this is my first mullet on an SP, they fight like all get out too, right to the edge they don't give in.

So there you go a first for me and a great fun late arvo session at the lake, and thanks Pete (mercer007 )

for the pic taking..

Cheers...

post-3371-1243496780_thumb.jpg

post-3371-1243496805_thumb.jpg

post-3371-1243496829_thumb.jpg

post-3371-1243496863_thumb.jpg

post-3371-1243496882_thumb.jpg

Good work on the mullet RayR.... I had an idea you'd wander down and see what's happening in the lagoon... you've got yourseld a natural bait ground down there so give the soft cheese a go when you want to get a few in a hurry and then we might see a bit of night photography off the beach near the south rocks.....after all the work they put it in to the canal, surley they'll come back and shore up the new work ay Ray

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Well done Ray!

You seem to sniff out the fish wherever you go! Thanks forn the advice on Patonga...I'm heading up there on the weekend for what looks like more of a drinking wekend than one to fish but I'm taking the kayak so you never know!

Nothing is safe when you start whistling your placcies around, Ray :biggrin2:

Great stuff mate. Those buggers peel off some string on the light gear! Looks like the first one was caught on a Capt Kev Minnow? And do my eyes deceive me .... where is the Rack Raider?

Cheers

Hodgey

Mondo,

Nice one. What you didn't tell everyone was you spotted the fish from on top of Avoca looking down at all the activity. Then you had the piece of mind to go down have a crack. Great reward, I have never heard of mullet on plastics before. Could this be a first?

I reckon the brimbo's will come on as well with the incoming tide.

What did you buy for the boat?

Regards, Hutcho

Mondo,

Nice one. What you didn't tell everyone was you spotted the fish from on top of Avoca looking down at all the activity. Then you had the piece of mind to go down have a crack. Great reward, I have never heard of mullet on plastics before. Could this be a first?

I reckon the brimbo's will come on as well with the incoming tide.

What did you buy for the boat?

Regards, Hutcho

Not telling , just wait for the weekend to find out :smoke:

Nice work Ray. Never thought about mullet on soft plastics. They are awesome fun to catch. What plastic were you using?

Don't realy know Glenn other than they were little ones, Hodgey knows what they are..

Cheers.

welldone Ray,

those mullet do sure go hard, ive caught a few on bread before..

any idea on what hook size and Sp that is?

Cheers,

Mike

Browney I dont know the jig size or what the SP is called, the placcies are only about 2"long and I think the hook size is a 4, only a guess though, sorry I couldn't be much help..

Cheers..

Edited by Ray R

very nice mullets there Ray, beautiful Jewie baits!

Im impressed u got them to take those sp's, I have that exact type but have never had any luck especially not from mullet. Would u mind telling me ur retrieval method mate?

Cheers,

Simmo

hey ray, hows the water looking down off the rocks ?? the way this weeks looking i wont be working and ive got a big bag of stale bread that i wouldnt mind turning into a big bag of drummer. :1fishing1:

Went down to avoca lagoon (North avoca side) n flicked a sp around this morning. hooked up to what i guess are a few mullet but i couldnt land any..... dont know why.. next time u go down ray or mercer give me a pm n i'll join.