A Day On The Bay

Penguin

Hi every1,

Myself and two mates went for a fish in Botany Bay today, the fishing was a little

slow at 1st, but it got better as the day progressed. We got a handful of under size Kings

and 1 legal at the Kurnell side of the bay along with a few Bream and a Flatty.

A shift after lunch over to Moll pt saw us get a few Trevs, we also had a number of

good size Kings scoffing down our Pilly cubes right in front of our eyes, but there was

no way today that we could tempt them to take a bait that had a hook attached to it.

Anyway we called it a day as we had plenty of fish for a feed and had enough fun for

one day.

Cheers

Penguin

Heres a few pics, the bloke in the photos is my mate Bill.

post-1664-1244203657_thumb.jpg

post-1664-1244203674_thumb.jpg

post-1664-1244203691_thumb.jpg

Good onya Penguin, you and your mate had a good session, some crafty , cheeky kings,

how do they know which bits to scoff and which bits have a hook in it, very clever fish..

Congrats on your fish mate..

Cheers..

that is insane amount of bream

what bait used?

and this was at kurnell?

i was there~~~did u see a blue kayak

The baits that got the Bream were peeled Prawns and Chicken breast rolled in

grated parmessan cheese. We caught double that amount of Bream, they were thick,

however we released all that were under 28cm (not much of a feed in them), that

Bream in the centre of the pic went 38cm and he was fat.

The pic shows the spot we fished, and no I didnt see a kayak out there, but then again

I wasnt paying attention to what everyone else was up to out there. Where abouts

were you fishing at?

cheers

Edited by penguin

That's a good load of fish you've got there John.....John it might be worthwhile dropping a few octopus pots out in front of the statue up there and give a couple to big Mimo and his Dad Peter for entres..... :thumbup: Thinking about blokes I've met over the years they don't come more fair dinkum and staunch than big Mimo....

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

That's a good load of fish you've got there John.....John it might be worthwhile dropping a few octopus pots out in front of the statue up there and give a couple to big Mimo and his Dad Peter for entres..... :thumbup: Thinking about blokes I've met over the years they don't come more fair dinkum and staunch than big Mimo....

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

You know Byron, we caught 2 greedy little ocys out there, they didnt wanna let

go of the chicken breast so we scooped em up in our net.

Edited by penguin

yes thank you for sharing

on that day i was near the office next to the fish farm

bait seems to outfish lures when it comes to bream

so far 18months post

bait owns lure for bream ^^

Hi every1,

Myself and two mates went for a fish in Botany Bay today, the fishing was a little

slow at 1st, but it got better as the day progressed. We got a handful of under size Kings

and 1 legal at the Kurnell side of the bay along with a few Bream and a Flatty.

A shift after lunch over to Moll pt saw us get a few Trevs, we also had a number of

good size Kings scoffing down our Pilly cubes right in front of our eyes, but there was

no way today that we could tempt them to take a bait that had a hook attached to it.

Anyway we called it a day as we had plenty of fish for a feed and had enough fun for

one day.

Cheers

Penguin

Heres a few pics, the bloke in the photos is my mate Bill.

post-1664-1244203657_thumb.jpg

post-1664-1244203674_thumb.jpg

post-1664-1244203691_thumb.jpg

Hey Penguin,

I was out there the next day (Saturday) and that wind was 12-13kn W. I only managed 4 bream and a trev. I fish the same strategy as yourself. Is your experience in the bay such that you believe the westerly wind puts the fish off? From your photos, it looks like you had next to no wind.

Also, when the tide is rising, do you like to fish the same spot but from the other side of the wharf?

Also, do you burley for the bream there? I found that I had to burley a bit to get any action at all.

I haven't been out in a while so I have had no reports to post.