What Can I Catch In Botany Bay Right Now ?

archilles2

Hey all,

I'm venturing into unchartered territory as i plan to fish botany bay over the next few weeks.

I've never fished at this time of year because i've been told it's too cold and fish are scarce in the Bay at

this time of year.

Can anyone prove this theory wrong ? pics would be great too :D

Edited by archilles2

Hey all,

I'm venturing into unchartered territory as i plan to fish botany bay over the next few weeks.

I've never fished at this time of year because i've been told it's too cold and fish are scarce in the Bay at

this time of year.

Can anyone prove this theory wrong ? pics would be great too :D

i will sure try to prove theres fish this winter

last winter got nothing much once july hit

thers winter trev and bream that everyone talks about

big ones

good lucks

if u see a blue 2 seater kayak viking tempo say hi

im usually at kurnell

Hi,

I fish the bay all the time and last week got a good feed of trevally and some reasonable size bream. There was also plenty of shovelnose rays around too. If you can fish at night on the last of the run in, you can burley up some taylor on whole pilchards.

Others I know have been getting flathead by drifting, but the biggest I have managed so far this month was only about 4cm. Cute but not a feed!

This time of year I find burley is the trick.

Actually the water is still quite warm and the fishing is good. I think it is fishing better now than in the summer time! There are plenty of trevally and bream if you anchor and burley. The flathead spinning has been good the last few weeks. There has been some good spinning for surface fish too. This has been quite a mixed bag with big salmon and tailor, a few kingies and trevally underneath also hitting the lures.

Actually the water is still quite warm and the fishing is good. I think it is fishing better now than in the summer time! There are plenty of trevally and bream if you anchor and burley. The flathead spinning has been good the last few weeks. There has been some good spinning for surface fish too. This has been quite a mixed bag with big salmon and tailor, a few kingies and trevally underneath also hitting the lures.

yeah was out on the weekend and got onto some fish.

post-10689-1244699684_thumb.jpg