Most Popular Topic/posts On Fishraider?

james7

Sometimes I like to check out what topics people are looking at when they're on Fishraider. It's in the "board statistics" on the bottom of the general forum page.

I started to notice something interesting whenever I checked out what the "guests" were viewing. Nine times out of ten, there is always someone looking at "Jamie Olivers Fantastic Fish Pie" recipe in the "Kitchen" section. That post has had over 23,000 hits!!! Amazing!

Apparently, Jamie's Fish Pie recipe is even more popular that that incredible report, "Black Marlin From A Kayak" (about 13,000 hits!), which for me, is one of the most amazing fishing reports I've ever read. I still go back every now and then to re-read it. I also love that report in the Brag Board section, "Show Us Ya Best Flatty" (9,000 hits) and some of the replies in "Toothy Critters" (about 9,000 hits) which is in the General Photos section.

Do you have any particular posts you think are exceptional? (... and has anyone actually tried that "Fish Pie" recipe?)

Cheers

Peter

I just checked and presently (3.10pm) and there are two "guests" looking at that fish pie recipe! I told you that there is always someone looking at it!!

I think admin should put some extra links on that page to some "real" fishing stuff!!

Cheers

Peter

Edited by peterS

Sometimes I like to check out what topics people are looking at when they're on Fishraider. It's in the "board statistics" on the bottom of the general forum page.

I started to notice something interesting whenever I checked out what the "guests" were viewing. Nine times out of ten, there is always someone looking at "Jamie Olivers Fantastic Fish Pie" recipe in the "Kitchen" section. That post has had over 23,000 hits!!! Amazing!

Apparently, Jamie's Fish Pie recipe is even more popular that that incredible report, "Black Marlin From A Kayak" (about 13,000 hits!), which for me, is one of the most amazing fishing reports I've ever read. I still go back every now and then to re-read it. I also love that report in the Brag Board section, "Show Us Ya Best Flatty" (9,000 hits) and some of the replies in "Toothy Critters" (about 9,000 hits) which is in the General Photos section.

Do you have any particular posts you think are exceptional? (... and has anyone actually tried that "Fish Pie" recipe?)

Cheers

Peter

Yes it is very interesting. I should post up some statistical info here and your eyes would pop out well and truly.

Hits per hour, unique visits etc are astounding!

You did miss some others that have had many views though.

Tell us about yourself - 20,376,

Which raider is the smartest - 36,048 (lots of intellectual snobs we are heh heh)

I would have thought the story of the black marlin caught in a kayak would have attracted far more viewers than the recipe for making a fish pie.

For members who may not have read this, here is a link to a well written post by Ross Hunter describing the power of the sea during a storm with 100knot winds which they encountered on the way back from a marlin session.

http://fishraider.com.au/Invision/index.ph...mp;#entry179604

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

I think the popularity of the fish pie thread is mainly due to the words "jamie oliver" being in the topic title. Google is able to find the topic here when someone on the net decides to search for jamie oliver and thus they get redirected to this website and hence the large number of 'guests' looking at that thread.