Botany Today 13.6.2009

robust

G'day Raiders,

After Enduring Saturday morning sporting comittments for the kid's, Luke and I were itching to go for a fish after his soccer game.

Promised my brother who's ill at the moment i'd take his boat out to give it a run for him. Luke and I set off from georges river nat park went out cruising a bit and headed out to botany. we'd never driven all that way before in a boat and found it quiet enjoyable and it didn't seem to take us that long.

All in all we fished for about an hour on live nippers which seemed to be getting smashed by leather jackets and the one and only catch went to my 8 year old son Luke who pulled out a nice Flatty near the 3rd runway which measured in at 43cm. Man you should've seen the look on Luke's face.....PRICELESS!

And that was our day today and tomorrow the family and i are heading down to Port Hacking for a day of fishing......will keep you guys posted.

Cheers,

post-10643-1244882185_thumb.jpg

G'day mate, nice day on the water and very nice of you to give your brothers boat a run,

your little blokes face says it all , he looks very pleased with his capture..

Cheers..

How long did it take you to get to the bay?

G'day Lasty,

It took about 25 -35 min give or take.. to get from Georges River National park (Revesby) to the 3rd runway.

Not bad if you feel like a nice cruise but bare in mind the top speed of the boat was 50 kph and you need to factor in the slow zones ie 4 and 8 knot areas as well as no wash zones.

But all in all it's a nice cruise and it gave me the opp to suss out a few of the fishing areas i'm interested in.

Cheers,

:thumbup: