Friday Blackfish

hookerbruce

Last friday I knew I would be busy all long weekend so managed a quick blackfishing session

late afternoon.

First 3 drifts nothing then a down and a fish just legal came to the net. Decision was made a couple more

this size would make a meal.

Next drift a down and an undersize fish returned to the water.

for the next hour and a half bite after bite, I landed about 20 blackies all undersize all returned to the water.

So the one fish only made a tasty snack.

This friday 12th june had another opoturnity to chase the blackies in Georges river with my son and

daughter in law. With the cool weather didn't manage to start fishing till 9 am. Guess what an identical start

few drifts without a bite then a fish just legal kept it again. Then for the next 3 hours it was just bite after

bite nearly every drift, difference was these were all good fish.

We ended up keeping 43 between us including 6 over 40 cm (best weighing in at 1 kilo ) numerous fish under 30 cm were released and we only caught 3 fish that were undersize.

My other son who had to work was quite happy to accept a share of the family's catch.

This was one of the best days we've had in a long time and shows there are fish in the lower Georges.post-6756-1244960472_thumb.jpg

Some of the cleaned fish where I cleaned them in the kitchen