Winter Fishing

deano2233

hey raiders,

this is my first year fishing in winter. now i usually do well in summer ie. atleast a couple of nice keeper fish per trip. however in the last month or so i havent gotton anything :mad3: i keep hearing of all the thumper bream and heaps of trevally, but if they are there i cant catch them, i even tried chicken parmesan. i havnt even seen a leatherjacket for a couple of weeks. i went to the bay on sunday and all we got were extreme small snapper a 50cent peice would be rivaling them for weight and tiny whiting :thumbdown: . now if it were warm then i wouldnt mind going on a dry spell but it is bloody freezing and the only thing keeping me going is the fish which there seems to be a lack of? can anyone tell me if i need to change my techinique(some hints would be handy)? maybe a change of bait i dont know? i want to know how to get some of the winter bream action, is there any particular spots around georges river, botany bay or port hacking that you would recommend??? im at a bit of a loss at what to do :wacko: i may have to consider calling it quits for july untill spring is near :( hell ill even take a couple of leather jackets as a successfull trip at the moment.

any advise would be appreciated. cheers

You and me both buddy,

went to the hacking last 2 weekends.

First time did our bit to help out with the jacket infestation, and had a couple of follows from umbrella sized inkers, that we just couldn't manage to hook up, though my mate did cop a whole frontal soaking from one at a range of about 15 feet! :074:

Last saturday all there were were undersized snapper (best 27cm) and little tailor which cut our SPs to ribbons.

I am not too discouraged yet, but would really like some clues as to where these alleged "thumper winter Bream" are hiding.

Best of luck buddy and I hope you get some answers

Chris

Hey Swordie,

We were fishing the drop off into South Arm in the hacking. Sitting in 6 to 10M various spots and burleying like crazy!

Fished right through a falling tide from top to bottom.

Maybe we need a new deoderant, like that stuff Slinky is putting about? :tease: