Amazingly Stupid Trip. Got My First King Tho..

checch

Hey Guys,

Headed up to the Gold Coast to drive a mates boat back down to Sydney after a big boat show, we ended up travelling from bribie island back down to botany bay.. while we were up there we found a very isolated wreck on the shelf with some big fish on the sonar..

The current was running strong and we couldnt hit the spot with jigs the first time, decided to drop some baits and it was even worse.. eventually we headed north of the wreck and dropped our jigs backing up on our line so we were up and down.. Whamm!! im on, being up this way i had no idea what i was onto, it didnt feel massive but i had a Saltiga z6500 expedition and the Saltiga jig rod so the power the thing had was unbelievable.. it was a good 150m deep and after a good 5-10minute fight i brought up my first ever king.. not massive compared to the patches we saw down the but it was enough to put a smile on my face from ear to ear. down the drop 3 times for 3 kings, time was getting away and we needed to start our trip back to botany bay heads, hell of a long way away up here.. travelled from saturday morning right though to sunday afternoon only making a quick stop at nelsons bay to hear the weather down newcastle was was getting worse, so we were back on our way again. done some night fishing for a broadbill but nothing, water was really really dead, and looked like a muddy river, even all the way out at 450fm. must be all the rains up there. all in all a great trip and to get 3 kings was amazing.

cheers, Checch

5016_108352032664_549267664_2368396_2453874_n.jpg

5016_108352037664_549267664_2368397_8139946_n.jpg

5016_108352047664_549267664_2368398_4754211_n.jpg

Well done Billy Slater junior!

Sounds like a great trip, why was it stupid though?

hahahahaha.. everyone says that.. I actually had one guy ask me for an autograph once.

too many kms travelled in little time.. we drove overnight and done shifts, 2 of us tried to sleep and the other 2 drove, then we swapped.. was awsome experience.. very very draining being out on the water for about 48hrs though, very tough to sleep with the swell n stuff..

those deadliest catch guys are truely nuts... haha

Some nice size kings you got there, congrats!

And i concur, you do look like Billy slater :P

I can't see the images??? :(

All I get is a little box with "xIPB image".

Can somebody re-load them or re-post them?

Cheers

Peter

I can see them fine, maybe something is wrong with your browser?

awsome effort billy haha just curious about that reel in the pic the red one looks like a digital big $$ reel with lcd screen wtf? i was like :1yikes: whats the go with that never seen one like that before?

awsome effort billy haha just curious about that reel in the pic the red one looks like a digital big $$ reel with lcd screen wtf? i was like :1yikes: whats the go with that never seen one like that before?

Its a Daiwa seaborg 750 or 1000. sumfin like that, may b a tanacom 1000.. not really certain.. but we use it for deep bottom bashing at 250m, its heartbreaking having to pull the line up manually so these bad boys are awsum..

cheers, Billy S

Nice King's , the reel looks like the 750FE as the 1000 is blue, the 750 is the next one on my list of gadgets ,

what boat did your mate buy , from the pic of the bow rails looks like it might be a cat??

Joe.

Yer actually now u mention ishe has a ble and a red one and the blue one is much bigger...

the boat is a MARKHAM 9800 cat, its a custom cat built to suit the needs of the owner, awsum outside..

cheers