Blackfish

karen deller

wow :1yikes: thats a big i mean huge blackie

good on yer karen :thumbup:

peter :1fishing1:

That's one huge blackfish alright Peter :1yikes: Well done Karen :thumbup: .... It looks like you're right into fishing for blackfish Karen, so be sure to look up Roberta and Wendy when you're up around the Forster area and also Peter, Royce/Luderick Angler and Stevie/Roosterman when you're down here in Sydney....Also if you are handy to the Georges, you might be able to arrange to have an upriver Georges River session with Stewy/Swordfisherman and Smitty....Also, one of our sponsors, the professional game fisherman Ross Hunter likes to take a break and fish for blackfish occasionally with old mates of his, and if you get a chance to fish with any of these members you'll certainly be fishing among the best of our blackfish experts.......

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Hi Karen,

Sorry, only just picked up the email and found the photo already there. It's HUUUUUUGE. How about putting it in for a Fishraider record?

Cheers, Slinky

I tried to last night - not sure whether it was me not doing it right - but had a bit of trouble trying to upload the photo. I'll give it another shot when I get a chance. It was huge wasn't it - I don't mind admitting that I am pretty proud of it!

Cheers, Karen

Awesome blackie there, Karen!! :1yikes: Well done on landing it! A mid 40's is the biggest I have managed to land here in FOrster, but I reckon I've been busted off by bigger!! :wacko:

That was a HUGE fish!! What did you catch it on? weed or cabbage or yabbie or other??? We're still waiting for the big ones to come into the system down here!! Mind you, North Haven is not that far away, to visit & have a go, either! :1prop::1prop:

Top Catch!

Roberta

Awesome blackie there, Karen!! :1yikes: Well done on landing it! A mid 40's is the biggest I have managed to land here in FOrster, but I reckon I've been busted off by bigger!! :wacko:

That was a HUGE fish!! What did you catch it on? weed or cabbage or yabbie or other??? We're still waiting for the big ones to come into the system down here!! Mind you, North Haven is not that far away, to visit & have a go, either! :1prop::1prop:

Top Catch!

Roberta

Hi Roberta

I caught it on weed that we bought up with us from Avoca - we live at Tascott. The blackfish have gone off here at the moment - they are catching a few out the end of the breakwall, but I havent fished out there - I tend to stick to the calmer parts of the breakwall on either North Haven or Dunbogan side. But its very very quiet at the moment - even went bream fishing instead yesterday! We are here for another week or so - so plenty of time to hopefully net a few before we head home. I doubt that I will see another one that size though - I'm cursing that I didnt take it to the tackle shop & have weighed - must have been up around 2 kg's I guess - was an awsome fish and I feel very lucky to have caught one like it - I think they are pretty scarce now.

By the way I have enjoyed reading your writings on the web site - nice job.

Cheers

Karen

.....I doubt that I will see another one that size though......

you never know - i reckon they travel in 'similar sized' schools - so often you catch a bunch around a similar size?

That was a top fish by any definition & off the rocks, you were lucky to land it. I know how hard my mid 40's went when I was trying to net it!

....By the way I have enjoyed reading your writings on the web site - nice job......

Thanks! Good to see another lady getting stuck into the blackies, showing us all how to do it! :1prop:

Have you ever tried smoking them? It really suits them. I make a smoked fish pie out of them with mashed potato on top - really yummy! Matter of fact, I have a few to smoke now - I promised a friend a couple for her birthday & she arrives next weekend! :biggrin2:

Give me a yahoo if you ever fish Forster - i would love to fish with you! Even go out in the yaks & fish the edges of the leases, where the really big ones hang out! :1yikes:

Cheerio

Roberta

Edited by Roberta

.....I doubt that I will see another one that size though......

you never know - i reckon they travel in 'similar sized' schools - so often you catch a bunch around a similar size?

That was a top fish by any definition & off the rocks, you were lucky to land it. I know how hard my mid 40's went when I was trying to net it!

....By the way I have enjoyed reading your writings on the web site - nice job......

Thanks! Good to see another lady getting stuck into the blackies, showing us all how to do it! :1prop:

Have you ever tried smoking them? It really suits them. I make a smoked fish pie out of them with mashed potato on top - really yummy! Matter of fact, I have a few to smoke now - I promised a friend a couple for her birthday & she arrives next weekend! :biggrin2:

Give me a yahoo if you ever fish Forster - i would love to fish with you! Even go out in the yaks & fish the edges of the leases, where the really big ones hang out! :1yikes:

Cheerio

Roberta

To tell you the truth I havent don't all that much blackfishing for many years - we spent 10 years living at Airlie Beach - no blackfish up there - but plenty of other fun species.

We havent long retired & started caravaning - so I'm sure there is plenty of more blackfishing to come.

I will let you know if I am ever coming to Forster as I would love to have a fish with you.

Cheers