Botany 23/6

screech

quick report unfortunaly no pics.

headed out to the bay..... on my lonesome.

landed 1m king and 75cm king..... and 3 bust offs. one of them being next to the boat on the surface which was around 1m again.

one advice i can give any angler is after every fish u catch make sure u check line and knots...... after landing 2 kings i noticed my knot a bit loose. thought she'll be right..... but thats how u loose a king on the surface.

noticed on the runout tide water was unusally merky....... not cause of the rain but i think because of the dredging they doing. hope doesn't effect the bay!

happy fishing!!

Great work mate!

Can i ask for a few more details... :1prop:

Type of bait? Method - i.e. downrigging and were you inside the bay or out off the heads?

I have 2 weeks of holidays coming up - sounds like there might still be some decent fish around for me to chase.

Cheers

Jim

on the bright side,there will be a few more deep spots in the bay to fish.On the dark side it will be very hard to get a boat near the new docks to fish legally.Nice to hear there are still some quality fish in close,well done

on the bright side,there will be a few more deep spots in the bay to fish.On the dark side it will be very hard to get a boat near the new docks to fish legally.Nice to hear there are still some quality fish in close,well done

That and more structure so could be a plus to a certain degree.

Nice catch on the kings, still seems like they are hanging around in the bay from recent reports.

Good job on the Kingy's mate........Lesson learned on the knot RIGHT? Always......ALWAYS..check your terminal end i.e. line, knot, hook, ect. after every fish and to be sure every time you pull it in to re-set or whatever...Take it from one ol" Yank who's faced every type of self inflicted disaster that one can imagine, a quick check is better than dumping OLD FATSO......Cheers, Tom the Yank :05:

Great work mate!

Can i ask for a few more details... :1prop:

Type of bait? Method - i.e. downrigging and were you inside the bay or out off the heads?

I have 2 weeks of holidays coming up - sounds like there might still be some decent fish around for me to chase.

Cheers

Jim

can't go without squid! downrigging. can't give away the spots cause then all the boats will shit me to death!! but if u know your bay well u'll find them!

there was some thing in the paper about the dredging and the chemicals being sturred up in the bay around silver beach a few months ago...... any news on that??? bay getting dirty again??

Good job on the Kingy's mate........Lesson learned on the knot RIGHT? Always......ALWAYS..check your terminal end i.e. line, knot, hook, ect. after every fish and to be sure every time you pull it in to re-set or whatever...Take it from one ol" Yank who's faced every type of self inflicted disaster that one can imagine, a quick check is better than dumping OLD FATSO......Cheers, Tom the Yank :05:

shit yea!! always check em!!! im telling everyone else to do it but the silly teacher fails! hahaha