Browns Fin(late Post)

jerryadams

Headed out to the peak with no intention to go to browns due to the forecast. We had no fish on the sounder and after half an hour of jigging, we decided to head to browns with 2 blocks of pillies and a couple of yakkas. Stopped at browns at 11.45 and started cubing on browns and drifted in a S/W direction with 1 livie and a pillie as it was me and my father in-law. Within 15 minutes of cubing we had a double hook up. Lost one and I grabed hold of my Okuma V system outfit and held on for dear life. After 1 hour or so we managed to land a 35kg fin. With the cube trail still going it was my father in-laws go. When the pillie hit the water it got smashed without a hook up. This happened sevral times.

There were heaps of fin out there but the wind picked up and we ran out of bait so we headed home with the one fin.

This Saturday will be out again on channel 71 - call sign Odyssey, if anyone wants to share info out there.

post-10446-1245918444_thumb.jpg

Guest Big-Banana

How did the V System handle it? I've purchased one for cubing and is keen how it handled the task.

Good job.... Considering the weather you blokes took a chance ..WOW! it really paid off! CHEERS, Tom theYank

I had 5kg of drag and could have put more but I had a feeling the Rod would snap.

Awesome dude, good to hear of the Fin finally, meant to be heading out on Sunday, weathers looking great for it, but I'll give you a call if I go saturday too for sure, call sign 'Lil Pakula' hope to see you out there and well done on a great fish.

Saturday Is looking better

Awesome dude, good to hear of the Fin finally, meant to be heading out on Sunday, weathers looking great for it, but I'll give you a call if I go saturday too for sure, call sign 'Lil Pakula' hope to see you out there and well done on a great fish.

Saturday is looking better

• 3 weeks later...

top fin jerryadams...that realy is the fish of a lifetime, ..its realy happening out there at the moment..u mind me askng for details bout wat time of the day u hooked up and wat class line you were using? u must sure know your stuff...id love to come join u if u ever have a sparer spot on your boat mate, hopefully ill learn a thing or 2 off someone that knows what theyre doing..cheers mate and once again top catch.. heres to you :beersmile: