Fiji Boys Do It Again

glenn

fellow raider adrian is at it again .fishing with tim simpson and bill boyce thay were fishing for wahoo and sails on 4kg line .after trying for the last 3 years bill got the fiji record sail at 30kg on 4kg and tim has a pending world record of a 31.6kg wahoo on 4kg line . cant wait to get back there . awsome fish !!!! well done boys :thumbup:

:1yikes: That's amazing , what a feat on that sort of gear, the same class line (all but)

that I'd catch flatties on.

Can't begin to imagine the thrill..

A huge congrats to all involved in the capture..

Cheers..

• 4 weeks later...

Superb Fish.... First the Dog Tooth Tuna Record, now this.... Go Fiji! :D

Tim Simpson caught his first Blue marlin on Broadbill and his first jewfish as well. He is a dedicated fisho and loves chasing records.

It's not for everyone, but for those who make the effort must be most worthwhile.

Unfortunately with this sort of fishing there are a certain amount of losses, leaving fish with lures and hundreds of metres of line leading to a slow death for the specie.

Congrats Timmo.

Ross

I have known Tim for a long time and fished for the same game club and served on committes together. Tim is an outstanding angler, always thinking of new ways and techniques. He was one of the early elite group of anglers who developed the method to take on 350 kg tiger sharks using only 15kg tackle.

The boat he fished from was Bite Me a 31ft Deep Vee flybridge at Matava Resort in Fiji with Capt Adrian Watt. Tim loves light tackle and been on a mission to attempt world records. They fished exclusively with 4kg

gamefishing tackle while trolling the outer coral barrier reef around Kadavu Island. Tim has chased this record for about 4 years and the lure was a Halco Laser Pro 190 trolling minnow.

Tim Simpson caught his first Blue marlin on Broadbill and his first jewfish as well. He is a dedicated fisho and loves chasing records.

It's not for everyone, but for those who make the effort must be most worthwhile.

Unfortunately with this sort of fishing there are a certain amount of losses, leaving fish with lures and hundreds of metres of line leading to a slow death for the specie.

Congrats Timmo.

Ross

Ross,

Do you realise that he caught that Blue on Broadbill around 18 years ago, where has the time gone. I was a seventeen year old kid working for him at the time and had the previlege of being on board that day. Do you recall it was taken on 15kg and faught for a mere 4 mins, it pulled the scales down to around 140kg for memory. I can still remember it like it was yesterday.

The fish appeared on the short corner and was almost poking it's bill through the transom it was that close, it ate the lure pulled 50 metres of line off the real then sat there 20 feet down squirming like a worm, you backed up on it, Glen grabbed the trace and the next thing I knew the fish was slid through the door and we all jumped on it before it started to kick.

In the twenty years of fishing I have never seen a blue do that again...we also hooked a mother later that day that emptied your 50/80 beastmaster in a matter of minutes, I recall you saying it was over 300kg.

Thanks for the memory

Andrew