One More Jew For The Crew

King slayer

Decided to go for a quick late night tide change session last night with Brent, AKA Big B.

Nabbed a few poddies at the ramp and headed straight for the spot with frozen squid caught from the harbour.

About one hour after the turn of the high, a nice little jew of 68cms is netted. It had it's heart set on Brents squid strip and hit it 3-4 times before finding the hook, which it swallowed right down.

Despite my strip only a few meters away and some nice live poddies, the only other capture was an eel!

This is not the first time Brents rod is the lucky one on the boat. I can recall at least 4 other trips where without explanation and despite exactly matching rigs, baits and depth etc, brents rod gets the hits. I guess he has the MOJO!!

It was quite cold so we headed back in about half hour after the jew.

Good to see a jew from Middle harbour though, I wondered if 14.5 Degrees might put them off.

Cheers, Dave.

Nice one Dave.

Good to hear the water temp hasnt stopped Jew from coming in

We dropped on last night in Parra River after the strike failed to set the hooks- my mates rod was doing this "dipping" stuff but not true bites- strange I have seen this before with big Jew when the circle around the bait and mouth it and swipe with their tail and body.

My other mate nailed a HONKER 38-40cm Black Bream in close which nearly reefed the rod from its holder!It was a cracker for sure... but I'll put up a post about our adventure soon