The Renovations Have Begun!

Kiwi Dan

Gday raiders

After a couple weeks of shit weather :1badmood: I finally managed to start my makeover to the boat on the weekend. I wanted to get a new centre console, replace my floor with under floor storage compartments and shift the weight around so the boat is better balanced.

Last week a mate came over and measured up my old centre console unit and made me a new one out of stainless. I purchased some new marine speakers and cd player, a new detachable all round white light, a GPS holder, switch board panel to run all my lights pumps etc.

post-4176-1246276905_thumb.jpg

post-4176-1246277152_thumb.jpg

post-4176-1246277332_thumb.jpg

He managed to weld up the new unit in a week and was around on saturday to drop it into place.

I ripped up the floor boards and ran all the wires back to the start of each item.

post-4176-1246277731_thumb.jpg

post-4176-1246277445_thumb.jpg

post-4176-1246277397_thumb.jpg

My old footy coach owns a plywood company so I scored a couple sheets of marine ply. On Sunday I started work on the floor boards. I put a hatch in the front for the anchor and will run 2 hatches on the back deck for life jackets oars etc in between the bracing/struts.

post-4176-1246277870_thumb.jpg

post-4176-1246277918_thumb.jpg

post-4176-1246277967_thumb.jpg

I chucked in an anchor hatch and will be making up something for the anchor to sit in.

post-4176-1246278118_thumb.jpg

post-4176-1246278164_thumb.jpg

Tonight we measured up the new seat that is going in. The old one takes up to much space. The new one will have a hinged compartment for my batteries, tackle draws and a compartment for my cooker on the top of it. This should be completed this weekend ready to drop in. First thing this weekend I will be going to the carwash and giving it a good clean out.

This Saturday another mate will be over to complete all the wiring. Once thats completed ill be giving the ply a few coats of paint and then carpeting it up and finishing up the under floor storage.

I need to work out what I am going to do with the back section of my boat. Currently the fuel tank is in the back left corner, I want to shift it to the middle and then drop another couple of storage units on the sides. Ill post some pics of the back piece in case anyone has some ideas for me.

Stay tuned for more.

I would appreciate any advice, tips or hints anyone may have.

Cheers

Edited by Kiwi Dan

looking good Dan,

have you thought about sealing the ply with epoxy to stop rot etc..

also heat and glare on the stainless consol in summer ??? but in saying that the consol looks beaut..

i would run the new wires in conduit.

bilge pump at rear with access hatch for service etc if floor goes to transom.

maybe grab rails on console and even a screen.

a "T" top with rod holders to clear the decks of rods and get sun off ya noggin..

just a few i could think of mate...

keep us posted on progress..

cheers...steve.....

That looks great dude. In fact - better then great! Wish I had the skills (and time) to do something like that.

Just a question - have you thought about underfloor floatation?

Mike

Gday mike

What is underfloor floatation? Sorry im not sure what it is.

In the bench seats going across they are full of foam is that what you mean?

Under the floor ill be putting the life jackets and oars. I did want to put a fish bin under there but its not deep enough unfortunately

looking good Dan,

have you thought about sealing the ply with epoxy to stop rot etc..

also heat and glare on the stainless consol in summer ??? but in saying that the consol looks beaut..

i would run the new wires in conduit.

bilge pump at rear with access hatch for service etc if floor goes to transom.

maybe grab rails on console and even a screen.

a "T" top with rod holders to clear the decks of rods and get sun off ya noggin..

just a few i could think of mate...

keep us posted on progress..

cheers...steve.....

hey Steve

How bout them Roosters mate, back to some winning form!

The screen for the console is coming this weekend, its just getting bent up.

I did want to put some grab rails on the console but when were driving we use the side rail which goes right around the boat.

Definitely running all the wires through conduit under the floorboards pinned to the frame.

The floor doesnt go all the way to the transom, im thinking about running it from the top of the rear bench seat to the transom though. There is already a bilge pump back there and ill make a hatch for the fuel tank, ill be able to get to the bilge from the fuel hatch.

Ill definitely be sealing the ply, scammed that from my coach.

The rod holders will be bolting on to the front of the unit, its not attached yet but it holds 4, one of standard rocket launchers.

Anything else me be sure to fire it off to me.

Cheers