Anyone Ever Fished In The River At Minnamurra?

orca

im going to minnamurra for the first time in the holidays and wondering whether or not i should take some fishing gear along.

Also ever fished off the beach there- i think its called mystics???

any reports would be much appreciated. :1fishing1:

im going to minnamurra for the first time in the holidays and wondering whether or not i should take some fishing gear along.

Good fishing and surfing cleaned up afew times.

It's a good river they get blackies at the rail bridge, it's also worth spinning the sandflats for lizards or a sink and retreive of a dead fish bait like a yakka fillet, some nice whiting and bream also to be had. I used to mainly target it for blackies in winter at the rai lbridge and out of a boat on the weedbeds also worth trying squirties and nippers as that wil take some big blackies as well.

Enjoy

Hey orca

It is a absolutely beautiful little river that is ideal for families, picnics, swimiming etc etc.

The Minimurra can be great at times, have caught some good fish there and got into the Blue S crabs as well.

All fishraiders note that any crab traps in the system are prohibited!!!!!!

You need to use other methods. eh eh that will remain my method for the moment.

As for fish, winter time is not a good prospect, but try the mouth of the system at the carpark area and you may pick up some Tevelly or breambo's.(google area). Walk around to the actual mouth of the system and caste into the channal with un-weighted baits upstream allow to float down with the tide and retrieve if not hit, try again. 1.5 hours either side of the high tide

For the system, because it is that shallow my experience is that :-

1. Clear water = bugger all, except summer and you get whiting on the sand flats on the eastern side towards the entrance.

2. Muddied water = bingo and lots of flatties and other staple fish all the way through.

There are other secrets to this mini system but guess what, thats the best I can give you for the moment, do not want to give to many secrets away.

Cheers Trapper Tom

There was an old guy who used to set up a stall by the side of the highway just south of the bridge.

He used to sell home made jigs with "fly" tails.

If anyone knows the estuary there he would, Always into the really big flatties, but if I remember correctly it was mainly a late summer proposition.

See if you can track in down talking to the locals when you get down there.

Still got a couple of those old jigs.. Have to give them a try in the lane cove when the warmer weather comes around :1prop:

Cheers

Chris

Don't know how many times I driven past there on the way down the coast back before the bypass....now that I love throwing poppers for whiting and breambo's I'd be keen to give that place a shot....right now is the wrong time of year of course but I'd reckon Nov to Mar the top water action would be awesome and I'd reckon those fish wouldn't see a lot of top water lures either....

fish just to the right of the boat ramp at the mouth for blackfish. the area is quiet reefy so be prepared to lose some tackle. i also have heard of some good bream caught recently on live nippers. not 100% sure where but if you fish the weedbeds or the bridges you should get somthing.

matt

thanks guys, really appreciate the info,

i have decided that i will take a kayak and target blackfish and bream

i'll post the pictures of my monster fish when i get back :thumbup:

p.s. does anyone know where i will be able to locate some green weed?

cheer orca :1fishing1: