Salt And Pepper Squid.... Or, Bait!

plankton

Have hit the nail on the head in terms of squidding with more than 30 caught in just 4 short sessions.

Yesterday I missed a cracker Southern Calamari. It pulled harder than a silver trev and broke away.

Don't always take the camera but here is a photo of a recent haul. Note that they are all Arrow Squid.

Brett

post-3217-1247010884_thumb.jpg

post-3217-1247010894_thumb.jpg

post-3217-1247010902_thumb.jpg

Edited by plankton

That's a bl;oody hard decision!

Check you cholesterol level....

less than about 5.5 the salt and peper squid is the way to go!

Above that.... turn em into Jewies and cook up some grilled fillets....

Where did you get em??

My Cholesterol is 3 (lipitor :1prop: )

Cheers

Chris

Have hit the nail on the head in terms of squidding with more than 30 caught in just 4 short sessions.

......Note that they are all Arrow Squid.

Brett

post-3217-1247010902_thumb.jpg

Hi Brett Good work getting onto the arrow squid mate :thumbup: Those arrows can be hard to find when you want them, and they are a very good bait and good eating too. You can get the best out of both worlds and use the heads and about an inch of the tube for your bait, and leave the entrails attached for a second hook.... the bottom hook can go all the way thru the top of the tube and up thru the back of the head with the barb pushed right between the eyes facing back to the rod..... I'd keep the ink and the muck plus the side flaps for the bottom burley if I had that many fresh arrows........

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Too good as bait to eat.

I take mine out for bait and if i dont use it and it has thawed too much to be A-grade for a 2nd trip i eat it that weekend. There also may or may not have been a couple of instances over the years where squid tubes with hook holes from unsuccessful downrigging sessions have been served in the old Club Spanner.

Still fresher than the shop.

On too many an occasion I've left a session empty handed having fed the fish with the fresh squid.

In my oppinion Squid are much better eating than most fish, except Salmon and Tuna Sushumi!

In future I'll consider the weather forecaast and if there is a chance of a future trip, hold onto them. Otherwise, it will be a case of sizzling, spicing devouring. Happy days!!! :yahoo: