Where Did All The Fish Go In The Hacking

wttmrwolf

4 hours on tuesday night and came up with 1 tiny snapper. :1fishing1:

I was fishing Wally wharf but this is the quietest I have seen it since winter began. Bit scary if this is the sign of things to come.

No yakka, squid, not even I tap in the jew lines.

Just wanted to know if anyone fishing the hacking has found the fish have moved on.

Ben

Guest Aussie007

you'll find people goto wallys wharf and just target yakkas and slimies they pull in one after another all night long ive seen guys get there before sun set and stay untill 3am just for the yakkas this is probably why theres none around :05:

I was fishing Wally wharf but this is the quietest I have seen it since winter began. Bit scary if this is the sign of things to come.

No yakka, squid, not even I tap in the jew lines.

Just wanted to know if anyone fishing the hacking has found the fish have moved on.

Ben

G'day Ben,

I've noticed the same as well mate....went out last Sunday and got absolutely nothing....planning to go out tomorrow and sunday there mate in hoping they'll be biting.......still chasing that big flatty or hoping for a kingy.....if the weather holds up i'm going to try port hacking point which is on the bundeena side near jibbon beach......and also hungry point for some squid....

Cheers

Robert

couldnt agree more with gazza ive found all my favourite spots 2 pick up A FEW!! like 5 live baits instead of 2 full bucket loads like i have seen. have been ambushed and over fished so has made it hard to get any atm but having a boat will help getting away from the over fished area's like wally's yowie gymea etc, ive found squid around away from thee area's but have tryed landbased with same results not even a hit, i'll be out sundy ben in my spot x if u wana head over i'll burley up 2 see if we can bring in some fish got the mincer onboard now hehe :1prop:

Edited by mc fishn

....I was fishing Wally wharf but this is the quietest I have seen it since winter began. Bit scary if this is the sign of things to come.

......No yakka, squid, not even I tap in the jew lines.

.....Just wanted to know if anyone fishing the hacking has found the fish have moved on.

Ben

Hi Mr Wolf It looks like nippers, live bait and squid and a drive down Gray's point road to the narrowest part of the river just up from Gray's Point cnr just around to the right where the old boat hire place was......Start off late in the afternoon and fish off the sand section in front of those mangrove trees, run in tide and dont cast out far......... You'll see plenty of nipper holes all along there and that section should get you among the plate size bream and bigger that are being caught out from Warragul... A beach rod will almost get you under the high rock face straight over the other side of the river and for the big baits have a mate with you and rod holders well spread out along the sand....

I don't think you can go wrong this time Mr Wolf, I might get shot but I won't and you might get a jew and a decent flathead or two among the bream in close and a couple of legal snapper on the big baits over the other side.. :thumbup: .

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Went to wally's this morning, could get livies at first but nothing else, saw 2 big bloops at sunrise, not sure what they were but couldn't get them anyway. After hours of trying my yakka gets attacked and starts swimming all over the place, i bring it up slowly and low and behold 2 HUGE calamari squid are stalking it 25-30cm hood i estimate. Threw out the yakka on a squid spike but the constant boat traffic had scared them off already grrr...

In conclusion, ended up with a donut... again..

Went to wally's this morning, could get livies at first but nothing else, saw 2 big bloops at sunrise, not sure what they were but couldn't get them anyway. After hours of trying my yakka gets attacked and starts swimming all over the place, i bring it up slowly and low and behold 2 HUGE calamari squid are stalking it 25-30cm hood i estimate. Threw out the yakka on a squid spike but the constant boat traffic had scared them off already grrr...

In conclusion, ended up with a donut... again..

Those boats sure are a pain in the as*.

Other day I was there saw 2 kingies swim up towards the ramp and start attacking the livies, and a boat comes and scares em off! omg...

Guest Aussie007
Those boats sure are a pain in the as*.

Other day I was there saw 2 kingies swim up towards the ramp and start attacking the livies, and a boat comes and scares em off! omg...

the boats have proiriorty as its designed for them not people fishing

It is a boat ramp? :wacko:

Yeh, the boat ramp is right next to it, wally's "wharf" is more like a pontoon really.

I could complain all day about the inconsiderate boaties and other landbased ppl there who tangle and cut lines, create 1m waves, scare off fish and step on my fishing equipment but that is for another topic.

the boats have proiriorty as its designed for them not people fishing

I totally agree with you Gazza, the wharfs are there for the boats. I hate it when i put the boat in and move to the wharf to pick up passengers and people wont pull their lines in!

Also i have had more luck in the Port Hacking in the last month than in the last 6 years. Thursday night i caught my first jew, yesterday i went down Garie and cant beleive how good the fishing is. As soon as i dropped anchor and the burley bucket i saw a school of kingys swim right under the boat! First time down there and i plan on going back on monday!