Pb Squid

iMick

Hey all,

Couldn't resist throwing something at this, took around 45 min to bring in due to gear being light and damaged.

Needed to maintain the tension on this beast, the drag was sticking and the handle had completely seized, proved to be a hard, tedious fight.

It measured Over 110 cm to it's longest point, over 70cm from head to tail.

Does anyone know if it is record worthy or are they caught this big often? my mates have never seen anything like it.

Yum... Calamari rings the size of cereal bowls and stacks of prime jew bait.

Cheers

Mick

post-10586-1247350086_thumb.jpg post-10586-1247350193_thumb.jpg

Hi Mick,

First of all nice arrow squid catch looks very nice for bait or calamari rings. This time of the year it is great to get stuck into some of the larger varieties of squid and sizes like this are common if you go to the right grounds for them. Here is photo of one we had recently of a southern calamari.

post-2763-1247355170_thumb.jpg

Nice work once again, and if you put it to practice you should have your bag limit in no time.

Squidboy

what sort of squid is it??

doesnt look like a southern or an arrow

I don't know much about squid, going off Squidboys post I'd say it's an arrow, resembles an arrow having the wings at one end.

is there anywhere in Bontany Bay or the Hawkesbury to try for squid, have never tried to target squid. Had them cling on to bait (prawns and pilchard), but let go as they get closer to land.

Regards,

Long

is there anywhere in Bontany Bay or the Hawkesbury to try for squid, have never tried to target squid. Had them cling on to bait (prawns and pilchard), but let go as they get closer to land.

Regards,

Long

The Harbour holds some, any kelpy shoreline, or places lit up at night, I don't target them either, my catch was just quick thinking and a whole heap of luck.

Hey all,

Couldn't resist throwing something at this, took around 45 min to bring in due to gear being light and damaged.

Needed to maintain the tension on this beast, the drag was sticking and the handle had completely seized, proved to be a hard, tedious fight.

It measured Over 110 cm to it's longest point, over 70cm from head to tail.

Does anyone know if it is record worthy or are they caught this big often? my mates have never seen anything like it.

Yum... Calamari rings the size of cereal bowls and stacks of prime jew bait.

Cheers

Mick

post-10586-1247350086_thumb.jpg post-10586-1247350193_thumb.jpg

:1yikes: now thats a squid :1yikes:

Wow thats a big squid mick where did you

get it was it in the harbour or outside the heads?

Do you know of any good bait spots in

the harbour for squid and yakkas have tried

with not much luck over the years.

thanks

Wow thats a big squid mick where did you

get it was it in the harbour or outside the heads?

Do you know of any good bait spots in

the harbour for squid and yakkas have tried

with not much luck over the years.

thanks

Inside, try spot x, y and z.

Mate, c'mon, trying to find the bait is half the fun. Quality spots will get smashed if people find out where they are, so my lips are sealed.

Try lit up areas and kelp beds.

Good luck