Ute Tray To Trailer

tan the fisherman

Gday Raiders,

I have managed to score a near new tray from a Mazda BT-50 ute and I wanted to convert it into a trailer.

It is a complete tub minus tail-lights (which I can source),

It needs an axle, lights, suspension and draw bar

I was wondering if anyone has converted a ute tray into a trailer before?

Thanks in advance!

Tan

Hi Tan

I've always liked the ute tray/trailer idea too. Specially if it has the rear & side 'fold up windows' for easy access. I would have thought it would be easier/cheaper to get one with suspension etc already on it (ie at a wreckers or something, so long as it was only the cab that was stuffed) and then just get the drawbar & extra strengthening added & wiring to towbar. I would imagine it could get a bit expensive to have all the bits made up for the bare tray tho.

Here's one I prepared earlier ...... :1prop: Only kidding! This is Greg's (the guy I fished with at Cania) all set up for camping! He has his all set up & sleeps in his! The big box on his draw has his generator in it. I was amazed at the amount of stuff that he had in it!

post-2231-1247447424_thumb.jpg

Cheerio

Roberta

we;ve converted a rodeo tub into a trailer added a large toolbox sports bar and rear ladder racks hard cover to come big job man ill get some pics of it on the weekend or early next week for ya and roughly guide you through wat we've done to give you a idea but you will need a normal trailer around the size of your tub and welding experiance

pm me if you want

mick