Thumper Yellowfin Off Sydney

Phar Cue

Fished on Saturday on FinBin with Graz and Al and left Phar Cue at home, trolled out to the 1000fm line for zero's then headed back towards Browns. Started the cube about 3.00 and Graz hooks a 6 kg alby within 20 minutes.

Al got a super run then busted off, then a couple of minutes later I get a run on the 10kg Tyrnos. Hook up and get a super run, fought a sluggish fight for 40 minutes and up comes an absolute barrel of a YFT..... with Als hook and trace coming out of her mouth.

I called it for 50kg. Bled and gutted and pulled a 2kg tuna from its belly. With all the blood on the deck we washed it down and with the blood flowing in after 20 minutes we had to two massive Blue sharks circling the boat, we estimated one 8 ft the other 10 foot.

Al hooked one on the 15kg outfit to have it tail wrap, thrash and bust off.

It was 6.30 and we were ready to go home. Got back to the SGFC to weigh the fish (thanks Ivan) and got 48.6 kg bled and gutted.

Great day and plenty of sushi to go around.

Tommo

post-767-1247482513_thumb.jpg

Edited by Phar Cue

:1prop: Super job!!! Outstanding YFT.... Lot's o' great BBQ there! CHEERS!! Tom the Yank

Thats just outstanding OMG i cant wait

to have a go on one of those fish one day

is my standard jew gear able to land one of those

if your using 10kg. Where can i go for one of those

ive been out 2 mile is that enough also i have 15kg

line thats what the guy at the shop told me anyway.

Thats just fantastic :yahoo::1yikes::thumbup:

Thats just outstanding OMG i cant wait

to have a go on one of those fish one day

is my standard jew gear able to land one of those

if your using 10kg. Where can i go for one of those

ive been out 2 mile is that enough also i have 15kg

line thats what the guy at the shop told me anyway.

Thats just fantastic :yahoo::1yikes::thumbup:

Anything is possible but you would need a heavily spooled overhead to hold at least 500m of 10kg and you will need to go 10 times that far out wide for these YFT. Not to say YFT of that size have not been caught closer but not recently.

15-24kg is usually the norm but I took a gamble on the 10kg and certainly didn't expect that big girl to comeu p....

Edited by Phar Cue

Fished on Saturday on FinBin with Graz and Al and left Phar Cue at home, trolled out to the 1000fm line for zero's then headed back towards Browns. Started the cube about 3.00 and Graz hooks a 6 kg alby within 20 minutes.

Al got a super run then busted off, then a couple of minutes later I get a run on the 10kg Tyrnos. Hook up and get a super run, fought a sluggish fight for 40 minutes and up comes an absolute barrel of a YFT..... with Als hook and trace coming out of her mouth.

I called it for 50kg. Bled and gutted and pulled a 2kg tuna from its belly. With all the blood on the deck we washed it down and with the blood flowing in after 20 minutes we had to two massive Blue sharks circling the boat, we estimated one 8 ft the other 10 foot.

Al hooked one on the 15kg outfit to have it tail wrap, thrash and bust off.

It was 6.30 and we were ready to go home. Got back to the SGFC to weigh the fish (thanks Ivan) and got 48.6 kg bled and gutted.

Great day and plenty of sushi to go around.

Tommo

post-767-1247482513_thumb.jpg

Gday Phar Cue.

Awesome fish on ten kilo. Unlucky with the blue shark. There has been a few out there of late. 2 weeks ago i had a boat next to us hooked up and the reel was screaming. He got it to the boat after a ten minute fight.

tight lines Dinnerbell.