Lb Spin Fishing: Nelson Bay.

joel99

Hey Raiders,

I am heading up to Nelson Bay on Saturday for 2 days and was hoping that someone could shed some light on on LB spots in Nelson bay and surrounding areas. I am going up with the :wife: so it's not an entirely fishing based expedition, As such I will probably only bring one 7ft spinning rod (6 pound) and a slightly heavier Mono setup.

I probably won't have time to get any decent bait so I was hoping that someone could enlighten me as to a spot where I can throw about some plastics, hard bodies and vibes. I don't care was I catch (If anything).

Thanks Heaps :1fishing1:

Joel

Try flicking a lure around the wharf.

You can park the :wife: at one of the nice cafes where she can have a coffee and make sue you don't get up to too much mischeif/

The fishing coop jetty //???

The breakwall//

There you go!

Let know how you go buddy

Yep, I agree with Jewdreamer. Around the co-op wharf and breakwall. Also, maybe up along the beach at Shoal Bay or the shoreline up around Corlette/Salamander Bay. Watch fish sanctuary zones around the place, e.g. Little Bay near Halifax.

One thing I always recommend to anybody visiting Port Stephens. Grab some bread and a snorkel and go to Fly Point around the top of the tide and feed the fish. Amazing! If it's too cold to snorkel, just walk in to knee depth and feed the fish.

Baz

Thanks a lot fellas, The co-op isn't to far from where I am staying so I think that's where I will wet a line.

Will let you know if I get anything! I'll probably only use plastics and vibes so hopefully the fish want to play along.

:1fishing1: cheers

Yep, I agree with Jewdreamer. Around the co-op wharf and breakwall. Also, maybe up along the beach at Shoal Bay or the shoreline up around Corlette/Salamander Bay. Watch fish sanctuary zones around the place, e.g. Little Bay near Halifax.

One thing I always recommend to anybody visiting Port Stephens. Grab some bread and a snorkel and go to Fly Point around the top of the tide and feed the fish. Amazing! If it's too cold to snorkel, just walk in to knee depth and feed the fish.

Baz

Yes Fly Point, very cool. I was snorkling and then something over a metre long and looking like a baby croc moves on the bottom some 2 feet away from me. Yep a MASSIVE flatty. Didnt that scare the something out of me.

Yes Fly Point, very cool. I was snorkling and then something over a metre long and looking like a baby croc moves on the bottom some 2 feet away from me. Yep a MASSIVE flatty. Didnt that scare the something out of me.

I'm assuming you can't fish there? :1prop:

Def check out fly point, amazing number of bream there, take a bag of bread and you will get mobbed.

Then when you swim around they follow you (may be a little chilly for this at the moment), you feel like the Pied Piper, its great fun.

Can't fish there no, but most fisho's would probably give their left arm too.

Duff's bait and tackle is a good shop, attached to the petrol station in Salamander shopping centre, next to the car wash.

You can ask Duff what's happening, he probably won't gush with information but will give you a few tips.

Have a great time, my old man lives up there, I love it.