Drive On Locking Device

Geoff

A friend has sent me a photo taken at the Melb Boat show of a drive on locking device.

Has any one seen or used one of these devices or perhaps know where they are available from

The one in the photo is on a twin hull boat. Not sure if they are available for mono hulls

Geoff

post-731-1248069846_thumb.jpg

Gday,

If it was at the melbourne boat show you can bet it will be at the Sydney boat show in a few weeks time. I for one will be looking out for it afte owning a bar crusher it would be a great atttchment when out fishing alone.

I will be going on the first day of the show and will attempt to find info

Cheers

Bob

Geoff, I believe this is the manufacturer of the locking device in the photo.

Boatcatch

There is a video clip on the website demonstrating how it works. As you'll see the boat in the clip is also a mono hull.

I'll be checking them out when I'm at the Sydney Boat show, as I'm keen on getting one as well.

Cheers,

Timo

Tks to all for your replies & PM. There appears to be a few different products around.

Here are 2 which I received via PM

http://www.recoverezy.com.au/Recoverezy.wmv

http://www.boatlatch.com/the%20product.htm

The one in my origional post was available from the Melb marine dealer for $450.00

When checking out the show there may not be a seperate display stand (In Melb there was not) so when brousing around the boats check out the bow area.

I plan to take the photo with me & ask a few dealers if they have them available

Geoff

I didn't go to the boatshow last year but went the year before and there was a stand selling the latch. It was only designed for monos at the time. Might have to have a look this year at one for my webster.

Cheers Silvo - Bentstik

I didn't go to the boatshow last year but went the year before and there was a stand selling the latch. It was only designed for monos at the time. Might have to have a look this year at one for my webster.

Cheers Silvo - Bentstik

Bentstick The photo of the latch in my origional post was fitted to a Webster. I would like to have one for my boat also

Geoff

Have been doing a fair bit of research on the 3 options mentioned earlier in this thread.

There are pro's & con's to all 3 , a lot of which depends on the boat / trailer set up

Two of the 3 will be on display at the Syd show , both in Hall 3 , stands 36 & 47

Will be checking them out tomorrow

Geoff