Bluefin At Browns To 30kg

FISHO 110

Saturday night spoke to big Tony, within 5 min decision was made.

Meet at tunks park at 4am get live bait & head straight to browns, start a cube trail & don't bother fishing the bottom with a good supply of blue eye from our last trip.Target was to get yellowfin or hopefully a bluefin.

Unfortunately my reliable decky Mick could not make this trip due to being sick. His Friend Chris took his place

Started cubing sth east of browns on a temp break. 4 to 5 hrs later & 7km drift sth east from browns the live bait suspended under a balloon got smashed & we where on a nice fin .

For the next hour we had swirls at the back of the boat & torpedo blue fin going past the transom chomping on cubes we where constantly throwing out.

Between the 3 of us we got 2 fin each to a total of 6.

With fish still in the trail we decided to pull the pin with a strong sth westerly at 25 knots it was going to be a rough ride back in!

You know it's been a good day when the locals help clean the boat at the ramp..(seagulls on baitboard)!

Got back home with Mick waiting to see today's catch, just seeing his eyes lit up I could not bring my self to use the old phrase "you should have been there"!

Hopefully it will not be too long before we get his arms stretched on some fin also.

Some More Pics

Another Torpedo

and of course a group photo at the end

............................................................................................................................................................

post-11130-1248210860_thumb.jpg

post-11130-1248210919_thumb.jpg

post-11130-1248211066_thumb.jpg

post-11130-1248211349_thumb.jpg

Edited by FISHO 110

well done mate there's some nice fin there, would have been great fun in the time that they were on.

What sort of boat do you have and how was the trip back in the trying conditions?

Cheers,

JB

Thanx JB

boats a 6.4 barcrusher.

First 20 kms back in could only do trolling speed ,next 20 was good opened up to 50 kml.

Just over 1.5 hrs to get back to syd heads.

FISHO 110

Thanx JB

boats a 6.4 barcrusher.

First 20 kms back in could only do trolling speed ,next 20 was good opened up to 50 kml.

Just over 1.5 hrs to get back to syd heads.

FISHO 110

Wow mate thats awesome, im new to gamefishing and hav been given a job as a deckie on a boat called Tanoa and cant wait to get out to browns for my first run in the next few weeks. My dad owns a 5.6m quinnie and im just thinkin that would be quite exhilirating doin 50k's on the open sea, you must have been flying mate :1prop:

Anyway well done again sounds like it was a fabulous trip i hope i can get a few myself when i head out :biggrin2: